2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Austin is the least diverse city of the big metros in Texas. Not close.

But it’s got the best food scene IMO... If it isn’t already, it’s probably going to have the best job market in relatively short order.

Definitely an easy argument to be made for Austin being last of the three if you’re not white.

Austin is definitely more expensive if we comparing housing and rent. The least diverse out of the 3. It’s extremely white and college-y.

Houston not only the best food city in Texas, but probably top 3 in the country.

Food:
1. Houston
2. Austin
3. Dallas

Diversity:
1. Houston
2. Dalllas
3. Austin

Rent/Housing Prices/cost of living (#1 being the cheapest)
1. Dallas
2. Houston
3. Austin

Women:
1. Houston
2. Dallas
3. Austin

humidity here definitely sucks. Skyline ain’t that pretty but does that matter :lol:
Austin is certainly expensive, that whole hill country area is expensive. Austin, Round Rock, even Georgetown. Nice area, but too costly to live.

Austin is the least diverse city of the big metros in Texas. Not close.

But it’s got the best food scene IMO... If it isn’t already, it’s probably going to have the best job market in relatively short order.

Definitely an easy argument to be made for Austin being last of the three if you’re not white.

I heard lots of libs live in Austin. Is that true?

can someone reconcile this for me? people love to say they love diversity, but the majority of the time, people stick to their race in terms of which section they live in the city, their group of friends, where they send their kids, etc.

imo people just say that **** because it's a social desirable thing to say but don't mean much...people just wanna virtue signal

antidope antidope , NJ boyz in the house. :emoji_top:
giphy.gif

can someone reconcile this for me? people love to say they love diversity, but the majority of the time, people stick to their race in terms of which section they live in the city, their group of friends, where they send their kids, etc.

imo people just say that **** because it's a social desirable thing to say but don't mean much...people just wanna virtue signal

Or it means that you'll have somewhere to fit in regardless of your background.

I don't think it means people only want to go to a city where they can hold hands in a circle and sing We Are the World.

Or it means that you'll have somewhere to fit in regardless of your background.

I don't think it means people only want to go to a city where they can hold hands in a circle and sing We Are the World.

so one could easily argue that they love the benefits of diversity, but not diversity. for example, i don't love working out, but i love the results i get from working out. maybe someone should send out a khufu signal, so he can explain this to me.

Libs make me sick and LIE. I DON'T WANT DIVERSITY IF IT MEANS HANGING OUT WITH LIBS.

Very white. Very liberal - relatively speaking, obviously.

Lots of tech companies moving their businesses to and/or putting offices in Austin, so lots of California transplants moving in.

Have you been to Boulder, Colorado? I hear Austin is the Southern Boulder .

The food in Dallas is so poor. Was one of the worst aspects of living there. No good hole in the wall Mexican asian Etc joints like I’m used to

so one could easily argue that they love the benefits of diversity, but not diversity. for example, i don't love working out, but i love the results i get from working out. maybe someone should send out a khufu signal, so he can explain this to me.

Pls no Kufu signal. :lol:

You have a point though, people like diversity but a lot of people do tend to stick to their like. Also depends on the culture and where they are from, but other dude made a point where you’ll always fit in and not get nasty looks from people cause “you arent from here are you?”.

Yeah I mean if you were looking for a recommendation online for a neighborhood in NY to live and were told by someone who doesn't know your background that it's racially, culturally and economically diverse, it would probably be a better starting point and you could do more due diligence, as opposed to if you were told it's comprised of rich white folks then you could stop right there.

But yeah some people probably do assign the diverse tag just to market an area even if they don't care about what it means.

It's sort of in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited:
My parents moved to GA in 08. At some point I will be taking my talents down south, you just get too much value for your money. The North is trash.
I feel it, the south cost of living is luv...I’m trying to decide on my next job, Houston looking great but the salary so low compared to the numbers thrown at me out DC...Tough decisions but the money be callin me :lol: :emoji_thinking:

Could never live in NYC tho, little value and just wayyy too many ppl for me

Ain't ever leaving SoCal if I can help it, especially for going back to the damn South, yuck.

Back
Top Bottom