2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Diversification is a matter of social opportunity, not personal decisions to collect as many ethnicities as possible like a 90s cartoon. It's about breaking down the socioeconomic barriers that deny people the right to live how they want, where they want and with who they want. It's ridiculous to attribute black people living in majority black neighborhoods to virtue signaling instead of oh idk, redlining. Or to point to HBCU's as a symbol of hypocrisy when the only reason they exist is because of educational segregation. Both problems that still endure even after the civil rights era.

lol i didn't say or imply any of those things but i'm not sure if you are referring directly to what i said. i can use one example to counter what you said.

for example, some X people love to say they love diversity, but
1. they only have friends of X race
2. redlining has never affected their race but they continue to live in only neighborhoods with their race
3. the daycare they send their kids is filled with majority of X race

are you denying that there's no way someone can say they love diversity only to virtue signal?

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat you don't be in BuzzBrews? That's my go to whenever I am in Dallas after I do some late night **** downtown

Yikes at that run of cities. Now I am from a city that is considered a "B" city myself and I think you're not missing as much as people think even have some advatages to the big name cities, but God damn, back to back to back B cities after a cancellation? Kats not even gonna be trying to make the all star game unless its a incentive in their contract, ****** just gon' make it for the prestige then pass.

Can SLC handle the influx of black people? Remember whe Eugene, Or hosted the special olympics and they had to go around and teach the local commuity how to talk to young black people in the month prior?

frshstunna frshstunna my square self was in Houston for ASW 2014 (even volunteered and worked Jam Session, mostly the dunk booth),
and in fact with a raging boner for 5 days (TMI I know but maybe I told that story, accidentally took a preworkout/testosterone pill that was laced)
and didn't get into much but Galleria, Chama Guacha, the zoo, and like shopping and people watching. If I could redo it again knowing what I know now, at least would have hit one of the millions of party flyers everyone was leaving on cars ad handing out. FYI, New Orleans in 2015 was wack but I'm sure most of it was me. Still wasn't half the people or excitement, Idk how it looked on tv but the Smoothie Center was more than half empty even for the big Sunday game

If I'm OKC, I'm calling Silver like yo fam, we got the new 300M convention center, hella hotels (in fact that's why in fact was to become a convention destination), the Osteology Museum in Del City has the most bones of any Osteology Museum in CONUS, got the streetcars downtown running, whats up. but bookend us with like a Dallas and an Atlanta, don't tack us on the end of that cities run.

2012 Finals probably left a bad taste in the NBA mouth. OKC and particularly downtown wasn't even ready. Everythign was still under construction, the NBA had to boot people's wedding parties and **** they had planned forever to get the hotel nights needed, I think i40 was still under construction too and half of Bricktown/downtown. I dont even know where annyone ate on a non weekend day after 9pm other than Beverly's Pancake House, iHop, Denny's and drive through's (still somewhat a problem but major improvements there)

Long responses to not be doing work lol

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat you don't be in BuzzBrews? That's my go to whenever I am in Dallas after I do some late night **** downtown

Yikes at that run of cities. Now I am from a city that is considered a "B" city myself and I think you're not missing as much as people think even have some advatages to the big name cities, but God damn, back to back to back B cities after a cancellation? Kats not even gonna be trying to make the all star game unless its a incentive in their contract, ****** just gon' make it for the prestige then pass.

Can SLC handle the influx of black people? Remember whe Eugene, Or hosted the special olympics and they had to go around and teach the local commuity how to talk to young black people in the month prior?

frshstunna frshstunna my square self was in Houston for ASW 2014 (even volunteered and worked Jam Session, mostly the dunk booth),
and in fact with a raging boner for 5 days (TMI I know but maybe I told that story, accidentally took a preworkout/testosterone pill that was laced)
and didn't get into much but Galleria, Chama Guacha, the zoo, and like shopping and people watching. If I could redo it again knowing what I know now, at least would have hit one of the millions of party flyers everyone was leaving on cars ad handing out. FYI, New Orleans in 2015 was wack but I'm sure most of it was me. Still wasn't half the people or excitement, Idk how it looked on tv but the Smoothie Center was more than half empty even for the big Sunday game

If I'm OKC, I'm calling Silver like yo fam, we got the new 300M convention center, hella hotels (in fact that's why in fact was to become a convention destination), the Osteology Museum in Del City has the most bones of any Osteology Museum in CONUS, got the streetcars downtown running, whats up. but bookend us with like a Dallas and an Atlanta, don't tack us on the end of that cities run.

2012 Finals probably left a bad taste in the NBA mouth. OKC and particularly downtown wasn't even ready. Everythign was still under construction, the NBA had to boot people's wedding parties and **** they had planned forever to get the hotel nights needed, I think i40 was still under construction too and half of Bricktown/downtown. I dont even know where annyone ate on a non weekend day after 9pm other than Beverly's Pancake House, iHop, Denny's and drive through's (still somewhat a problem but major improvements there)

Long responses to not be doing work lol
Bro literally nobody fu**s with Okc, y’all shouldn’t even have a team :smh:

I think where i40 and i35 intersect is the center of the country, or something like that. Although when I look at a map, that clearly isn't the case in the directions North/South. But something like that, is the reason drugs, women, guns, and other unsavories run through here. SW42nd and Robinson is supposed to be nationwide renown for literal ****, I've drive through there, they're the lot lizard $25 kind not the good ones though so I would pass and wouldn't put in on a brochure if I'm the Chamber of Commerce.

I left NYC once (involuntarily) and hated it. Was depressed for a good minute. Came back some years ago and life was better on all fronts.

If I ever leave the city I’m not going far. An hour away max in either Jersey or Westchester County. Home is home I want to be close by.

Bro literally nobody fu**s with Okc, y’all shouldn’t even have a team :smh:
#yeshrug
nba_g_sonicsowners_275.jpg

And I think yo part of a different demographic if you feel me :lol: ...If bruvas is taking a trip to TX, we def going to Houston for the most fun and best experience
Definitely a different demographic. Just don’t get Houston regardless. But different strokes.
Damn I didn’t even realize I40 ran thru Nashville Memphis and OKC :lol:
Nashville’s a great ****in place to visit/live, too.

But that might be a heavily slanted white guy opinion.. :lol:

As a resident, Houston is it. I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. This town checks all the boxes. Women gorgeous and cooperative :pimp:
Mane heard nothing but luv for Houston from my ppls that’s been out there/moved there...Sounds like it will fit my lifestyle perfectly with the biddies n bottles :evil: n easily accessible NBA seats, but I hate leaving money on the table :smh:

May just start making regular visits up there instead of moving :lol:

Exactly. It’s Houston or nothing for me on Texas. Lol

For real for real tho I gotta see Toronto. I heard that **** is insane. Summer time or spring only for me. Damn that winter
It's a great city on all fronts, especially in the spring/summer, and probably has the tamest winter out of any big city in the country but not sure I'd be down to live there permanently kinda like how I feel about NYC.

Housing also keeps getting more and more pricey each year they might just catch up to Vancouver soon :lol:. Vancouvers been a top 5 most expensive city in the world for years.

All things said though, Toronto food and women >>

lol i didn't say or imply any of those things but i'm not sure if you are referring directly to what i said. i can use one example to counter what you said.

for example, some X people love to say they love diversity, but
1. they only have friends of X race
2. redlining has never affected their race but they continue to live in only neighborhoods with their race
3. the daycare they send their kids is filled with majority of X race

are you denying that there's no way someone can say they love diversity only to virtue signal?

1. Again, diversity is a social ideal, not a personal problem. It's about a desire for social equity and representation. You can have all white friends and not want all white CEOs, or all white Senators, Governors, neighborhoods, movies, etc. In fact a social lack of diversification often leads to a lack of personal diversification. Hard to make black tech and finance friends when you can't find a black person in tech or finance because of the barriers put up to keep them out.

2. Redlining has affected everyone that isn't white. Chinatowns popped up as a necessity for chinese immigrants who were met with discrimination after emigrating. Arguing for diversity isn't an argument for the end of chinatowns, but the end of chinese immigrants needing chinatowns. People like to live amongst the familiar, this is true. But there's no grand gotcha in that observation. Being forced to is different from voluntarily making the choice.

3. See 2. If you live in a neighborhood filled with your race, your kid is going to go to daycares and schools filled with that race too.

I can't deny that some male feminists are only feminists to get women, or that some white "non-racists" are only in it for social validation. But wasting time denying the improbable and isolated cases helps no one that needs it. Focusing on those people as being indicative of a larger problem with a movement or ideal is a lazy fallacy.

Last edited:
1. Again, diversity is a social ideal, not a personal problem. It's about a desire for social equity and representation. You can have all white friends and not want all white CEOs, or all white Senators, Governors, neighborhoods, movies, etc.

2. Redlining has affected everyone that isn't white. Chinatowns popped up as a necessity for chinese immigrants who were met with discrimination after emigrating. Arguing for diversity isn't an argument for the end of chinatowns, but the end of chinese immigrants needing chinatowns. People like to live amongst the familiar, this is true. But there's no grand gotcha in that observation. Being forced to is different from voluntarily making the choice.

3. See 2. If you live in a neighborhood filled with your race, your kid is going to go to daycares and schools filled with that race too.

I can't deny that some male feminists are only feminists to get women, or that some white "non-racists" are only in it for social validation. But wasting time denying the improbable and isolated cases helps no one that needs it. Focusing on those people as being indicative of a larger problem with a movement or ideal is a lazy fallacy.

well you are just going to make me flat out say it

why do WHITE people say they love diversity but do all those things i mentioned? also, going off #2, you would have known that there was only one group i could be talking about.

Back
Top Bottom