2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

I feel it, the south cost of living is luv...I’m trying to decide on my next job, Houston looking great but the salary so low compared to the numbers thrown at me out DC...Tough decisions but the money be callin me :lol: :emoji_thinking:

Could never live in NYC tho, little value and just wayyy too many ppl for me
NY is top of the list where people are leaving. Not too far behind is NJ. Brand new expensive apts and condos are being built all over the northeast. No idea who's moving in them

Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, Dallas, Austin is the move.
I wouldn’t recommend moving to ATL at this point unless you bringing your salary with you or cool with living in the burbs with nothing but driving and traffic...The cost of living in and close to the city done went up a lot but they still paying like it’s 2008 in most places

But if you coming from an OD expensive place like NYC or Cali I get it, none of that matters :lol:

Last edited:
I'm sure NBA all stars are pissed their week vacation in Indiana in the middle of winter got pushed back

Plus 2022 is what ****** are REALLY looking towards :pimp:

1606328725421.png

I love Atlanta , I spent 2006-2011 there, been in FL since... I liked it here for a while but last few years been missing Atlanta, might move back eventually

so one could easily argue that they love the benefits of diversity, but not diversity. for example, i don't love working out, but i love the results i get from working out. maybe someone should send out a khufu signal, so he can explain this to me.

This probably will end up sounding kind of Polluyanna-ish, but I actually like diversity.

I went to a high school where all other ethnicities combined outnumbered the white kids. I had/have White, Black, Asian and Hispanic friends - female and male.
Being privy to all those different cultures influenced me and made me who I am. I still enjoy being around a lot of different types of people. Makes the world more interesting to me.

I don’t think I’d prefer to live in a completely homogenous community, but I never have, so I guess I don’t really know.

This has to be the worst city run of all star games in NBA history

Y’all know what the league was trying do...They had to bring ASW weekend around to these places eventually so they said F it, run em back to back get em out the way for the next 20+ years :lol:

This probably will end up sounding kind of Polluyanna-ish, but I actually like diversity.

I went to a high school where all other ethnicities combined outnumbered the white kids. I had/have White, Black, Asian and Hispanic friends - female and male.
Being privy to all those different cultures influenced me and made me who I am. I still enjoy being around a lot of different types of people. Makes the world more interesting to me.

I don’t think I’d prefer to live in a completely homogenous community, but I never have, so I guess I don’t really know.

But that shift we had back on 2004 in da mines you told me that you were Coal Gang for life which is when I became a Clippers fan despite already being a Lakers fan.

Anywhere you go in Texas is gonna be pretty insanely spread out, but Houston just ain't it.

DFW and Austin are significantly better.
Deep Ellum became crowded trash. That was my only place I enjoyed. Wasn’t a fan of uptown or greenville

Houston downtown had a less crowded vibe but still suitable and enjoyable spots. I’m sure I didn’t even see the other good spots too

can someone reconcile this for me? people love to say they love diversity, but the majority of the time, people stick to their race in terms of which section they live in the city, their group of friends, where they send their kids, etc.

imo people just say that **** because it's a social desirable thing to say but don't mean much...people just wanna virtue signal
Diversification is a matter of social opportunity, not personal decisions to collect as many ethnicities as possible like a 90s cartoon. It's about breaking down the socioeconomic barriers that deny people the right to live how they want, where they want and with who they want. It's ridiculous to attribute black people living in majority black neighborhoods to virtue signaling instead of oh idk, redlining. Or to point to HBCU's as a symbol of hypocrisy when the only reason they exist is because of educational segregation. Both problems that still endure even after the civil rights era.

NY is top of the list where people are leaving. Not too far behind is NJ. Brand new expensive apts and condos are being built all over the northeast. No idea who's moving in them
NJ infrastructure is not built to handle all of these people moving in.

And the amount of money they want for a new build house.... MAN.

In before antidope antidope tells us how much fun Salt Lake City is
Don't Sleep! The cost of living and all the outdoors stuff.

I wouldn’t recommend moving to ATL at this point unless you bringing your salary with you or cool with living in the burbs with nothing but driving and traffic...The cost of living in and close to the city done went up a lot but they still paying like it’s 2008 in most places

But if you coming from an OD expensive place like NYC or Cali I get it, none of that matters :lol:

Man if this ain't the truth :smh:

Back
Top Bottom