2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

CABF5E31-CD81-42FE-A22B-E22786658A67.gif

Logo is big 🚮

Turner would have been a much better fit that TT, especially with the spacing he provides. I also saw him excelling playing under Stevens and away from Sabonis. TT will get you rebounds but nothing else.

Yeah, that trade exception is big, but who's even available to get someone with half that price? Ainge is also known to overvalue his assets so I doubt anything will happen. He may prove me wrong, but I don't see it happening.
Thompson is a solid, switchable defender. Better than Turner defending in space. Isn't the shot blocker that Turner is, but he also defends the other bigs in the East better than Turner does in the paint. He started shooting some 3s toward the end of the season too. Will probably see more of it in Stevens system. He definitely makes the team we saw in the playoffs better. I think Turner would've been good as well and would've been happy to have him, but I definitely don't think he's worth twice the money.

The trade exception doesn't need to be used right away. Has a year to use it. Can basically be used for anybody in the league making less than like $22M so they don't get hardcapped. The Warriors just got Kelly Oubre for example with theirs. Perhaps someone like Evan Fournier at the deadline?

Fournier and Thompson would be a significantly better return than Turner and McDermott.

I think the Curry line will be fine, sure it’s not up any of our alleys, but those families that have multiple kids that hoop that want a shoe with a name attached to it with decent performance and a low to moderate price will buy these.

Back
Top Bottom