2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

I didn't say they should be payed the same as men.

I said Adam Silver complaining about losing 10 mil a years is BS.

and it clearly is BS.
if the salaries of WNBA players were based on how much money they generated, they would be get $0 a year.
Bro, how do you not understand that the WNBA losing money actually matters :lol:
We get that there are other benefits for the league than profitability. But their net profits still impact their payroll.

this injury recovery talk shows who's never played sports at a high level and dealt with any type of injury minor or major to get back to that same level. being expected to have a full recovery doesn't mean they're going to fully recover or ever be the same player they were before. there's a huge mental aspect of having to come back from injury that some guys never can get over and will stop them from getting back to the level they were at prior to it. they'll be healthy most likely in terms of being a normal human being, but playing the sport again isn't a given just because it's expected. that's a ridiculous statement and if you've ever had any type of injury (even an ankle sprain with moderate/severe ligament damage) you would know that.

I've broken each of my knees twice with ligament damage in the right and didn't think it was a big deal that I'm more explosive than I ever was but that's just me. That's probably why I don't consider broken bones to be THAT bad all things considered. Still remember when the doc told me I 'pulverized' it. When I put my hand on my left knee and extend it I can still feel and hear that crunching sensation. Cool rant tho. What high level team do you play for?

Last edited:
I used to think people hated on the WNBA because of them being women, im sure some do, but man i bet on a game once and decided to watch...

The score was stuck at 35-35 for damn near an entire quarter.

Strong post to avi correlation :lol:

Bro, how do you not understand that the WNBA losing money actually matters :lol:
We get that there are other benefits for the league than profitability. But their net profits still impact their payroll.

well they got a 53% pay bumb so clearly it didn't matter that much.

What Aaron Rodgers story? I heard Rodgers was playing for the other team too

she was caught on video or audio at the espys years back talking about how she wanted to get ran through by rodgers

it was no secret at espn she was thirsty during her time there

I've broken each of my knees twice with ligament damage in the right and didn't think it was a big deal that I'm more explosive than I ever was but that's just me. That's probably why I don't consider broken bones to be THAT bad all things considered. Still remember when the doc told me I 'pulverized' it. When I put my hand on my left knee and extend it I can still feel and hear that crunching sensation. Cool rant tho. What high level team do you play for?

So because you recovered from one type of injury, that means someone who snapped his leg is expected to come back 100% without any issues and regain his form as one of the best players in the NBA? That's a really warped way of looking at things by saying his injury is not a big deal. Look at Gordon Hayward, they said he was supposed to make a full recovery and it wasn't "that bad" because of the injuries he sustained yet he still hasn't been able to get back to where he was before the injury.

I played professionally in europe and stopped 2 years ago due to injuries. I tore my MCL twice in the same knee within 24 months, had a 24 cm tear in my quad, partially torn achilles, herniated disk in my back and a grade 3 ankle sprain with bad ligament damage all in a 7 year period. I think I have a good firsthand experience of having to come back from injuries that you would "expect" someone to come back from. The rehab process is **** and it gets draining mentally. Just because the prognosis is that you'll come back 100% doesn't mean it's a given and that you'll perform at the same level again.

So because you recovered from one type of injury, that means someone who snapped his leg is expected to come back 100% without any issues and regain his form as one of the best players in the NBA?

According to multiple reports, yes. Which was the only point I was ever trying to make from jump. Props to him for his recovery. It's not an anti PG thing, I'm speaking on the injury itself and expected recovery

she was caught on video or audio at the espys years back talking about how she wanted to get ran through by rodgers

it was no secret at espn she was thirsty during her time there

In a version of the story I read, Rodgers turned her down, but she ended up smashing Clay Mathews. Both sides (publicly) deny anything occurred.

Back
Top Bottom