2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

According to multiple reports, yes. Which was the only point I was ever trying to make from jump. Props to him for his recovery. It's not an anti PG thing, I'm speaking on the injury itself and expected recovery

Nah this what you said from the jump, which is patently wrong.

Just realized you were talking about the leg injury. As bad as it looked it was just a broken bone. Not that serious as far as injuries go

You also laughed off my confidence in PG's ability to return to form, which was sort of strange considering he's done it before. That's why I assumed you just had it out for him. One bad postseason shouldn't result in someone like PG being completely written off.

Nah this what you said from the jump, which is patently wrong.

You also laughed off my confidence in PG's ability to return to form, which was sort of strange considering he's done it before. That's why I assumed you just had it out for him. One bad postseason shouldn't result in someone like PG being completely written off.
I was laughing because I thought you were saying you had confidence in him to lead a team to a championship or something. Didn't even realize you were talking about recovering from injury at first. Then I pointed out that he was already talking about how healthy he was going into the bubble so I didn't get the optimism that he has another level to get to

Wouldn’t putting out a better product from the WNBA be the best kind of publicity? If they tied pay to performance in the WNBA, I think you would see better basketball inherently (especially without salary caps).

Have you watched a full game? Honestly.

And what do you say to NBA teams winning 18 games per season? Oh that's right...we watch teams even if they suck. I wonder why....

Interesting take on Hayward's player option

eye said this was possible minus the Covid complications which makes it even more possible
I think to preserve future flexibility, if I'm the Celtics I hope he just opts-in and let him go next summer (unless you find the right trade beforehand).

Tatum, Jaylen, Kemba are all making big money and Smart will be a free agent in 2022. I wouldn't want ~31-34 Hayward on the books.

I think to preserve future flexibility, if I'm the Celtics I hope he just opts-in and let him go next summer (unless you find the right trade beforehand).

Tatum, Jaylen, Kemba are all making big money and Smart will be a free agent in 2022. I wouldn't want Hayward on the books for his age ~31-34 ages on the books.

i personally would leave Boston and try to find my footing elsewhere. That 4th option stuff ain’t for me.

Charlotte :nerd:

Has anyone mentioned how Lebron won this year as an owner and player? Is that first time ever?

Before you say he was the owner of the Lakers...he's legit a minority owner of Liverpool FC (the actual global sport but I digress). Liverpool won the Premier League this past season which brings an organization about 200M euros.

This has to be one of, if not the, first time for an NBA player. I'll even say major American sports.

Indy loves bringing the local talent back home. :lol:

If Atlanta wasn't confident in Huerter, Hunter and Reddish next to Trae, Collins, and Capela... :nerd:

And what do you say to NBA teams winning 18 games per season? Oh that's right...we watch teams even if they suck. I wonder why....
I've watched a good number of games and there's definitely some embarrassing play at times. Same could be said for the NBA but as a fringe and still young league they naturally get less of a leash as far as people being willing to sit through it and give it a chance. There's also some really high level players and I've seen one or two moves I've never seen in the NBA. Still can't be bothered to follow the league tho 🤷🏽‍♂️

Another thing is that out of all the major sports basketball requires the most athleticism and women just aren't that athletic so the difference between the men's and women's game is drastic. Pretty funny watching everyone try to rebound in traffic and nobody's even getting off the ground :lol:

Last edited:

I just read this. Apparently a few years back he was leaving the Garden and told a woman and her kid to be careful crossing the street because the light turned green and cars were coming. Woman then says "f you N"

200.gif

Chick was wearing an IT4 jersey too.

Last edited:

I don’t think you got my point at all.

Let me rephrase/make it clear:

IF the WNBA can put out AND market a quality product that people would actually be willing to attend and pay more money for, these issues could be addressed.

To your point about bad teams in the NBA-those teams still pull in money due to NBA revenue sharing. Also, even horrible teams like the Knicks and Hawks have decades of history and connection to their respective areas... The WNBA has none of that, mostly due to the aforementioned issues. You have to GROW and develop a following through putting out a quality product and marketing it. The WNBA has objectively failed to do this-look at the seats being sold at games the past few seasons the fan connection is simply not there if you go by attendance.

I just read this. Apparently a few years back he was leaving the Garden and told a woman and her kid to be careful crossing the street because the light turned green and cars were coming. Woman then says "f you N"

200.gif

Chick was wearing an IT4 jersey too.

Fam you actually surprised by that? Lol

Back
Top Bottom