2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

wavycrocket wavycrocket tell ya boy Jamal Murray to pull up, I just wanna talk

20201019_135945.jpg

Getting dropped by a light skin Canadian will for sure bruise any ones ego. Don’t do it

I couldn't imagine playing in a town as racist as Boston... Now I understand why Danny Ainge is so scared to trade for ****** :lol:

Wonder where JT and Brown will end up after their 2nd deals.

I couldn't imagine playing in a town as racist as Boston... Now I understand why Danny Ainge is so scared to trade for ****** :lol:

I think Jaylen likes it here TBH.

“The first thing I heard when I got drafted here was Boston was historically racist,” fourth-year guard Jaylen Brown said. “But you see certain things outside of the city and within the city of Boston that is very diverse and very eclectic. It’s fast-paced. It is probably a lot different than it used to be known for. You see a lot of changes, a lot of different things where people come together. … This city has really grown on me.”

Smart too, despite the nasty chick he ran into

“Everywhere you go you’re going to find ignorant bigots and misunderstood people,” Smart said. “Weird people. People that are not the same. … Boston is just one of the cities where it happened to me. But the city itself is a wonderful city and I love playing there …
“I recommend it for anyone who wants to play there. I love the city. It’s beautiful.”

It's a lot different here than it was back in the 60's-80's. This article gives a pretty good perspective. It's probably because a lot of those Irish/Italian/etc racist folks got priced out of the city and it's seen sweeping changes since then. But it will always exist to some degree unfortunately. This country is buns.

I’m not a fan of Boston as a city in general but people be saying this based off what they hear and not actually ever visiting the city (not saying the racist stuff is false) :lol:

I think A lot of players who play here don’t actually mind the city

No matter how much the players like it , Celtics always gotta deal with that Boston super racist stigma tho, that ain’t changing...Might as well be Indiana or Sacramento in terms of true top level free agents signing there :lol:

It's pretty much CA and Miami in terms of top priority for the best free agents. Then everywhere else is a spectrum.

Chicago, Philly, Boston, Brooklyn/NY, Atlanta probably on the next tier down.

New York should be higher, but you know..

No matter how much the players like it , Celtics always gotta deal with that Boston super racist stigma tho, that ain’t changing...Might as well be Indiana or Sacramento in terms of true top level free agents signing there :lol:

True
We ain’t signing the likes of Lebron, Kawhi, etc. But I wouldn’t put us in the same category as Sac or ind lmao

It's pretty much CA and Miami in terms of top priority for the best free agents. Then everywhere else is a spectrum.

I think Dallas/Houston deserves to be in Tier two but agree

I was stretching but yea sounds bout right , Boston is like at the bottom of that group tho and ATL might not even belong...Dudes wanna live/visit in the offseason but they don’t really wanna play there, same with DC....Houston and Orlando are a couple more places that alotta players look at too

It's pretty much CA* and Miami in terms of top priority for the best free agents. Then everywhere else is a spectrum.

*Sacramento excluded.

Enhanced.

Back
Top Bottom