2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Im wit you except they couldn’t pay me enough to live in Salt Lake for even a month if I had a choice , F that :lol:

that would be tough but I’d be importing sistas left and right. The economy out there is booming for the side hustle though. Weed becoming legal too I think

I found Cesar

1603144725438.png

download.png

I don’t think you got my point at all.

Let me rephrase/make it clear:

IF the WNBA can put out AND market a quality product that people would actually be willing to attend and pay more money for, these issues could be addressed.

To your point about bad teams in the NBA-those teams still pull in money due to NBA revenue sharing. Also, even horrible teams like the Knicks and Hawks have decades of history and connection to their respective areas... The WNBA has none of that, mostly due to the aforementioned issues. You have to GROW and develop a following through putting out a quality product and marketing it. The WNBA has objectively failed to do this-look at the seats being sold at games the past few seasons the fan connection is simply not there if you go by attendance.

I'd still like to know if you watch?

What does revenue sharing have to do with you watching WNBA? My point is ppl watch NBA regardless of product. Yet for women the product needs to be at a certain level before you can watch.

I've watched a good number of games and there's definitely some embarrassing play at times. Same could be said for the NBA but as a fringe and still young league they naturally get less of a leash as far as people being willing to sit through it and give it a chance. There's also some really high level players and I've seen one or two moves I've never seen in the NBA. Still can't be bothered to follow the league tho 🤷🏽‍♂️

Another thing is that out of all the major sports basketball requires the most athleticism and women just aren't that athletic so the difference between the men's and women's game is drastic. Pretty funny watching everyone try to rebound in traffic and nobody's even getting off the ground :lol:

See, you can be honest about it lol we are all entitled to our perspective. I just want to to know if the other guy's perspective is based on actually watching. Like you said, you'll get the same embarrassing moments in an NBA game. We just don't get a flashy dunk that makes you forget the men travel every third play lol

crazy how miami took over NYC as a top destination.

lebron really did change the landscape

When was NYC ever a top destination?

And now Lebron changed the landscape? LOL.

I remember when y'all swore up and down Miami's 2021 Draft Pick was this amazing asset that was going to net a Top 3 draft pick. Pat Riley was a fool for keeping a middle tier team together was what was consistently repeated in here.

crazy how miami took over NYC as a thee top destination.

lebron really did change the landscape

Not really. The home crowds in Miami are terrible and most of those fans aren’t even real heat/nba fans

In regards to nyc, it’s not so much our (knicks) ownership. It’s the fact that our practice facility isn’t even in nyc. It’s in upstate New York. That plays a big hand in recruiting players.

the Nets got it great. Their facilities are not far from the home arena.

I think Jaylen likes it here TBH.

“The first thing I heard when I got drafted here was Boston was historically racist,” fourth-year guard Jaylen Brown said. “But you see certain things outside of the city and within the city of Boston that is very diverse and very eclectic. It’s fast-paced. It is probably a lot different than it used to be known for. You see a lot of changes, a lot of different things where people come together. … This city has really grown on me.”

Smart too, despite the nasty chick he ran into

“Everywhere you go you’re going to find ignorant bigots and misunderstood people,” Smart said. “Weird people. People that are not the same. … Boston is just one of the cities where it happened to me. But the city itself is a wonderful city and I love playing there …
“I recommend it for anyone who wants to play there. I love the city. It’s beautiful.”

It's a lot different here than it was back in the 60's-80's. This article gives a pretty good perspective. It's probably because a lot of those Irish/Italian/etc racist folks got priced out of the city and it's seen sweeping changes since then. But it will always exist to some degree unfortunately. This country is buns.

They haven’t gotten their negro wake up call up. It’s coming the minute he makes a big botch.

I'd still like to know if you watch?

What does revenue sharing have to do with you watching WNBA? My point is ppl watch NBA regardless of product. Yet for women the product needs to be at a certain level before you can watch.

Yes, and, again, you’re missing my point.

The entire concept of revenue sharing ALLOWS revenue to go to teams with a bad product (I.e. Hornets, Kings, etc. etc.) because other teams put out a good product (I.e. Lakers, Celtics, etc. etc.). If the top teams were not consistently putting out a good product that was anchored by marketable superstars, the revenue sharing wouldn’t matter because far fewer people would watch.

So the steps that the NBA takes are:

1.) Put out a quality product that people will pay good money to see live or tune into.

2.) Market said product to ensure people engage in the aforementioned step.

And because you want to make this a gender/sexism issue instead of a purely sports one, women’s football/soccer seems to be better focused on doing just this. This was from this past June:

2CBE8849-C178-4C73-AAB8-38EBD813C14D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom