2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

His massive growth also had glaring deficiencies. Stamina was a major issue, and his inability to defend the PnR made Mike Bibby look like a superstar.
😆 Shaq averaged 40 minutes a game in 2000 and almost 44 in the playoffs. That was the absolute peak of his career.

Averaged 39 minutes a game during the 3 peat run in the regular season and 42 in the playoffs. Stamina wasn't an issue. Late game free throw shooting and occasional foul trouble was. The PnR defense was way overblown.

Y'all really must have forgot how DOMINANT Shaq was at even his size and weight, he was an athletic freak.
This. In the long run yes, shaq paid a price because he kept putting on more weight, but initially it was never to the point where it outweighed the massive physical advantage

😆 Shaq averaged 40 minutes a game in 2000 and almost 44 in the playoffs. That was the absolute peak of his career.

Averaged 39 minutes a game during the 3 peat run in the regular season and 42 in the playoffs. Stamina wasn't an issue. Late game free throw shooting and occasional foul trouble was. The PnR defense was way overblown.

Y'all really must have forgot how DOMINANT Shaq was at even his size and weight, he was an athletic freak.
I guess Shaq himself must’ve forgot?

1B14F98D-0842-446E-937D-965F7C91DF5E.jpeg

A lot of any stamina issues Shaq had was laziness dude could’ve been in better shape but we all know the quotes about company time and playing his way into shape. Even with that mentality he was the MDE.

so if we’re having this discussion with prime shaq we gotta be playing with intangibles off lol

A lot of any stamina issues Shaq had was laziness dude could’ve been in better shape but we all know the quotes about company time and playing his way into shape. Even with that mentality he was the MDE.

so if we’re having this discussion with prime shaq we gotta be playing with intangibles off lol
This is where the disconnect is. Logging 40+ minutes doesn’t mean you’re in shape or not fatigued. Joker played 65 minutes in that 3OT loss to Portland in the ‘19 playoffs and missed 2 GW FTs due to shot legs.

Let’s also look at who Shaq had for backup C...Slava Medvedenko. Enough said.

Who you got? Non-Lakers seem a little undersized but have much better shooting.

128567260_4209747772405280_6727869722907713717_o.jpg

I would definitely go with AD starting at the four over Kareem. Obviously Kareem is a much better, more accomplished player but AD fits a lot better with that five men line up.

Best non Laker team would be

2016 Steph
1993 Jordan
2014 KD
2004 KG
1994 Hakeem

But they still go down probably 4-1 in a series.

This is where the disconnect is. Logging 40+ minutes doesn’t mean you’re in shape or not fatigued. Joker played 65 minutes in that 3OT loss to Portland in the ‘19 playoffs and missed 2 GW FTs due to shot legs.

Let’s also look at who Shaq had for backup C...Slava Medvedenko. Enough said.

Not sure if you’re agreeing with me or not lol but I agree with your point. I watched damn near every game of the threepeat lakers and he never looked winded or anything like that. And he always came out to destroy the opposing 5s. But I think Phil said it before that as great as Shaq was he could’ve been better which is scary.

also I will not tolerate any Stanislav Medvedenko slander:

Random thought: Why is it that when people use the phrase "two-way player" or "one of the best two-way players in the league" they almost universally think of guards and wing players? Giannis and Anthony Davis are easily the best two-way players in the league when you account for their offensive and defensive impact but no one ever mentions them in that category. People automatically think of Kawhi, PG, etc. Is it because AD and Giannis are bigs?

Back
Top Bottom