2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Orlando Shaq and Laker Shaq are 2 different beasts. 2000 Shaq in particular was the most dominant force I've ever seen with my own eyes.

I kinda disagree.. I completely see your point, just think older shaq was better coached and better situation

young shaq in the right situation is scary as hell with his size and athleticism.. get a better coach and get him around jordan and/or KG and I think we see 2000 shaq level dominance in a more athletic body.. he was still athletic for his size in 2000 but it was more overwhelming force

I kinda disagree.. I completely see your point, just think older shaq was better coached and better situation

young shaq in the right situation is scary as hell with his size and athleticism.. get a better coach and get him around jordan and/or KG and I think we see 2000 shaq level dominance in a more athletic body.. he was still athletic for his size in 2000 but it was more overwhelming force
Orlando Shaq is and will always be my favorite version of him. That one will literally run 2000 Shaq tired if you running the right offense against him

Kawhi going to trade him after this season

This Palmdale ***** is a liar

I like it. Beal is marking his territory as well as plottin his way out
giphy.gif

Never forget when Tim Duncan swept a prime Shaq & Kobe...en route to a championship with no other even close to all star teammate

You might be thinking of 01 when the Spurs got swept as a #1 seed by an average of 22.25 points a game and Duncan had 24 points combined in games 3 and 4. It was the first of 3 times the Lakers kept the Spurs from repeating. Spurs have never repeated btw

We've all seen Hakeem make orlando shaq his ***** but lakers shaq put on more weight and was the most physically domineering player any of us have ever seen, while still having finesse and a soft touch. No one is cancelling him out.
His massive growth also had glaring deficiencies. Stamina was a major issue, and his inability to defend the PnR made Mike Bibby look like a superstar.

Orlando Shaq is and will always be my favorite version of him. That one will literally run 2000 Shaq tired if you running the right offense against him

imagine orlando shaq in the amare role with nash.. and then nash realizing he should shoot more 3s

His massive growth also had glaring deficiencies. Stamina was a major issue, and his inability to defend the PnR made Mike Bibby look like a superstar.

😆 Shaq averaged 40 minutes a game in 2000 and almost 44 in the playoffs. That was the absolute peak of his career.

Averaged 39 minutes a game during the 3 peat run in the regular season and 42 in the playoffs. Stamina wasn't an issue. Late game free throw shooting and occasional foul trouble was. The PnR defense was way overblown.

Y'all really must have forgot how DOMINANT Shaq was at even his size and weight, he was an athletic freak.

Back
Top Bottom