2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

No wonder he refuses to let the big man era go. Sons idols were Wilt and Russ
If Wilt and Russ played in today's NBA...with today's rules and today's advanced fitness, strength training, and overall sports technology, I'd bet my entire shoe collection that they'd dominate. Maybe not score 100 points and avg 50 ppg or win ten fingers worth of chips, but those 2 old *** bigs would absolutely FEAST in today's style of play.

that's just my "old" opinion tho

Benny, Gibbs, Mozzy all better than them. Even in that lane Future is still the king of that.
Mozzy definitely hard. Beyond Bulletproof one of my favorite this year.

In that lane though lil baby got future in 2020. My Turn > High off life.

***** whole demeanor inspires zero confidence. It's not enough his voice sounds like febreeze but he also look a lil slow no offense

Even Lil Baby is disappointed in your Knicks

“I be at James Harden’s house, I’m all in Houston in the mix
I’m talking bout spare time in New York, I buy floor seats to watch the Knicks - and I don’t even know no players
I just wanna show off my new drip, and put my chains in layers
I might just stand up and go crazy
, SOMEBODY MAKE A LAYUP

5011C489-307A-40DF-9012-BDE7C81A8CFC.gif

I see why I dig this benny the butcher guy. 36 years old and from the East Coast.

Its always been East Coast rap is greater than everything else for me. I'm sure its different these days but I speak as a 46 year old who didn't care for Death Row Tupac and was gravitating towards everything East Coast related, for the most part. The main West Coast stuff I was into was North Cali rappers like Souls of Mischief/Hieroglyphics, Del, Casual, etc.

I try to listen to what my 14 year old listens to and then realize I'm very washed.

Sucks Apple Music doesn’t do this. Would’ve had some mix of Dipset, French Montan, Lil Uzi, Rick Ross., and 21 Savage.

New Frenchie though :pimp:

I don't think all the young ****** are trash either. I just don't get the Lil Baby thing. I don't think he's trash...but the the deep reverence...I don't understand.

I always ask my little brother (who swears by Youngboy/Lil Baby) what criteria does he use when deciding who he likes and the answer is usually some **** that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with how I personally rate rappers. He didn't say Lil Baby/Youngboy got hard punchlines...didn't say they were witty/clever, didn't compliment their wordplay. In fact...these are terms that don't even register in the lil *****'s lexicon. To him...they just "real" :lol::smh:

As somebody that’s 30...but an earlier champion of both of them....what makes those two stand out is they got a lot more depth than people realize. Slick wordplay too. YB hit the gate on some Boosie, BG, Hot Boys ****. He got away from that a lil, and started crooning more. But it’s still the base of his sound.

Clearly, I’m a big Boosie, Future guy. And these cats have a lot of what makes those guys great. As well as some other influences that I, identify With.

The ability to make bangers, introspective ****, and street **** is why they are appreciated.

YB & Baby are much more closer to the early-mid 00s rap, some of grew up on...that a lot of people who dismiss them from the jump realize. Once that hits, you start understand it may not be on your frequency...but the parallel is there.

If Wilt and Russ played in today's NBA...with today's rules and today's advanced fitness, strength training, and overall sports technology, I'd bet my entire shoe collection that they'd dominate. Maybe not score 100 points and avg 50 ppg or win ten fingers worth of chips, but those 2 old *** bigs would absolutely FEAST in today's style of play.

that's just my "old" opinion tho
Sure bring them as they were into the modern day with modern technology and they'd be great. Wilt is by all accounts one of the greatest athletes of all time and Russ kicked his *** regularly. Not making much of a gamble there saying they'd be good.

But in today's game with a wider lane (courtesy of Wilt to be fair), 3 second rules, 5 second back to the basket, emphasis on 3s, PnR, and just general floor spacing for easier playmaking (cutting, passing), if they don't learn to stretch the floor and defend a stretched floor then dominate wouldn't happen. They'd be valuable pieces instead of what they were, invaluable stars. And it'll be that way in the NBA until 2 > 3.

Back
Top Bottom