2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

If there’s 20+ teams that are hard “No” on allowing fans to start the season, why aren’t they bubbled again until the All-Star break?

I’d guess it’s because the players don’t want it, but just seems like a lot of unnecessary risk for what amounts to no added revenue for most anybody.

I think athletes of professional teams are gonna get access to the vaccine early. By February most of em would be vaccinated if they opt in.

As somebody that’s 30...but an earlier champion of both of them....what makes those two stand out is they got a lot more depth than people realize. Slick wordplay too. YB hit the gate on some Boosie, BG, Hot Boys ****. He got away from that a lil, and started crooning more. But it’s still the base of his sound.

Clearly, I’m a big Boosie, Future guy. And these cats have a lot of what makes those guys great. As well as some other influences that I, identify With.

The ability to make bangers, introspective ****, and street **** is why they are appreciated.

YB & Baby are much more closer to the early-mid 00s rap, some of grew up on...that a lot of people who dismiss them from the jump realize. Once that hits, you start understand it may not be on your frequency...but the parallel is there.

I understand all of this...and where I fundamentally will agree to disagree: I don't hear the slick wordplay in either. I don't want to have to dig through your catalog to look for it either. If it don't catch with me after a few impressions, I won't get it.

I couldn't believe it when ****** were comparing Lil Baby to Lil Wayne earlier this year. To me...this is nuts. The "Freestyle" ****** swear by is the most painfully average **** In my life in terms of what checks off MY boxes.

I understand all of this...and where I fundamentally will agree to disagree: I don't hear the slick wordplay in either. I don't want to have to dig through your catalog to look for it either. If it don't catch with me after a few impressions, I won't get it.

I couldn't believe it when ****** were comparing Lil Baby to Lil Wayne earlier this year. To me...this is nuts. The "Freestyle" ****** swear by is the most painfully average **** In my life in terms of what checks off MY boxes.

Def an agree to disagree. Because I cannot understand how you hearing FREESTYLE, and just not feeling it :lol:. The beat crazy for one. And It’s one of them rap with your peoples in the spot, or in the whip type joints. Like Meek, “intro”. Pretty much a chant type ****. Makes people feel good they flow with it. Before he blew up for real, he was tearing up the chitterlings circuits, hbcu’s and lil clubs with these. You start bobbing your head to the beat, start catching the flow, then the lyrics...and before you know it...you in the spot rapping it word for word.

Dreams and Nightmares gets a lot of unwarranted praise. In terms of one of those crowd control songs and as an intro

Meek Lord Knows is better than it
Wins and Losses intro is better than it.
Lil Baby Freestyle is better than It
Tee Grizzley First Day Out is better than it.

Put me on to him .. like pre Burden of Proof
1607194032349.jpeg

1607194062812.jpeg

1607194145482.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom