2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

All the Bad teams in the league should be scared right now. James Harden forces a trade with "No contract leverage", how will bad teams ever get good? This will cause everyone to move the same way.

Giannis and James throwing bullet passes to each other as hard as they can >>>>>
CorruptSpectacularIvorybilledwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Lol how is this "scrambling for leverage"?
If Philly is really interested in trading for Harden (seems like the Sixers want to see how Embiid/Simmons play with the new role players first), then they have to make the best offer even though by all accounts Milwaukee probably can't trade for James and James in Miami is an odd fit.

All the Bad teams in the league should be scared right now. James Harden forces a trade with "No contract leverage", how will bad teams ever get good? This will cause everyone to move the same way.

This is why I wondered on here the other day whether Silver is going to involve himself in the Jim situation somehow. I don’t know exactly what he can do, but he can’t be happy with how this all looks and what kind of precedent it might set.

I know the Porzingis situation wasn't exactly this, but imagine that happening over and over. Bad teams would never get good and only major markets would flourish consistently. Its not a good look.

Owners will go super saiyan aggro when the collective bargaining negotiations swing around.

Forcing a trade isn't the problem. If you want out...you want out. Trying to bypass free agency and going to the team of your choice and getting a subpar package back is the issue...and I doubt it happens. Kyrie had a list of teams for Cleveland too. Boston wasn't on it. Mavericks weren''t on KP's list to NY either.

Again...the only case of guys asking for specific trades with multiple years left is Russ/PG/OKC.

The rockets have all the leverage right? He can pout all he wants
They do now.. Prior to James going the route he did with all of this, he had the leverage in a way. It’s understandable why he wanted to leave but once he publicly started acting out like he has, he lost it all.

I know the Porzingis situation wasn't exactly this, but imagine that happening over and over. Bad teams would never get good and only major markets would flourish consistently. Its not a good look.

That's one of the good things about football. Players tend to go to the highest bidder, there's less movement from the best players, so in general it levels the playing field a little more and there's more parity from year to year.

They do now.. Prior to James going the route he did with all of this, he had the leverage in a way. It’s understandable why he wanted to leave but once he publicly started acting out like he has, he lost it all.

Even still. He’s got years under contract. What do I care if you don’t want to be here? What’s the pressure in accommodating him?

What does a Heat package look like?

Wouldn't any trade would have to include Dragic and he can't be traded until next year right?

Bucks goofed by prematurely blowing their load on Jrue.

Miami seems like a terrible culture fit.

Philly or Brooklyn still I think.

James really should've told Houston earlier. Trying to demand a trade this close to the season makes it nearly impossible with roster slots and trade rules.

Then again, Houston still wouldn't have been forced to trade him.

Bucks goofed by prematurely blowing their load on Jrue.

Miami seems like a terrible culture fit.

Philly or Brooklyn still I think.
Riles has gambled on non-Heat culture guys like Shaq, Antoine Walker, Ricky Davis, Whiteside, Waiters, etc before. In the end, he'll take the talent.

Back
Top Bottom