2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

1607616750557.jpeg

1607616770540.jpeg

Ariza is interesting. I can sympathize with wanting to be with your kids and prioritizing that over going to the Bubble but now you get traded to Okc which I assume he doesn't want to play/live here so it's due to his custody arrangemet again all of the suddens he can't report due to his custody agreement. I bet that LA trade happens and he figures it out real quick, ol' boy can just facetime you Daddy bout to go play with LeBron and AD

All the Bad teams in the league should be scared right now. James Harden forces a trade with "No contract leverage", how will bad teams ever get good? This will cause everyone to move the same way.
Same as always, be good in the draft and you’ll have a solid couple of seasons on those prospects rookie deals/1st extensions...Then have to overpay for somebody to put you “over the top” ...Harden ain’t changing that model, for the bad n small market teams that’s just life

Realistically, you're right. There's no reason to rush to move on just to get him outta town.

They can sit and wait if they don't love the return. No need to trade him just to trade him.
Why would the return get better by waiting longer tho?

They said the same thing with AD. I'm trying to recall a situation where the return got better or even stayed the same by waiting to trade a disgruntled star out of spite. Magic was going to give them all the picks and everybody including Kuz and they said no. They didn't get that deal in the summer.

Why wouldn't a team give up less of they're having him 1 less year under contract, 1 more year of wear and tear on his body not in their program as he gets a year older?

Usually at this stage most teams are pretty content with their rosters and want to gauge their ceiling. Then the season proceeds, GMs get a sense of their players and the team make up are and are more likely to start dealing once they figure out it ain't it.

Back
Top Bottom