2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

If the NBA’s intent is to go back to a normal regular season at some point, meaning starting in October and ending in June, which it seems like they want to go back to in 2021-22, there’s going to have to be either a much shorter offseason at some point either now or after the 2020-21 season, or a much shorter 2020-21 season.

Only thing with the shorter 2020-21 season is that a sizable amount of less games likely means less pay on top of whatever paycuts they’re already likely going to take to playing in arenas with minimal fans.

If they’re willing to agree to less games, something similar to the 50 game 99 season would be more practical. Start in February and end in late June. The Lakers and Heat get just under 4 months off which is closer to the 4 month break between mid June to mid October we currently have. Aside from the guys playing in the Olympics, it’ll be as close to a normal offseason calendar as you can have it.

Anyway if they're trying to push for an early start they need to move free agency before the draft which it honestly should be anyway.
Never made sense to me why they're flipped.

I don't see any way they start at Christmas and get 72 games in before Olympic season.

They're going to have to accept fewer games and more nights between them. This season's gonna be short. Get back in arenas so you have the revenue, play a smaller slate, and play fewer back-to-backs.

a top 3 player that had been to the playoffs twice in 7 seasons? Who said that

I did. Loudly. And got clowned for it every time. (When he was on the Pelicans btw)

And again, this was before 7 seasons, this was a couple years ago. Like year 3-4 I was already sayin he was Top 3 in the league, with a trash franchise.

Y

And the clippers (& everyone else tbh), have a problem because AD whether he’s tier 1b, 1f, 2, 2c whatever, on THIS Lakers team he’s one of the best “Robins” of all time, which is all that matters right now.

No doubt. Only questions for the Lakers are whether LeBron can keep beating Father Time and can AD maintain the durability that he had this last season. If the answers to both those questions are yes, everyone else is playing for second.

I did. Loudly. And got clowned for it every time. (When he was on the Pelicans btw)

And again, this was before 7 seasons, this was a couple years ago. Like year 3-4 I was already sayin he was Top 3 in the league, with a trash franchise.

you did. You were still wrong though. He’s a phenomenal talent. Phenomenal season too. He found his spot as a co star and there’s no shame in that.

But there were people sayin AD was Top 3 in the league 3-4 years ago. So what is the comparison we're making?
Who on flat earth was saying that?

I don’t ever recall recall a time where anyone had him above Bron/KD/Curry.

a top 3 player that had been to the playoffs twice in 7 seasons? Who said that

antidope antidope

tenor.gif

Weren't they just talking about January, maybe even February? I'm assuming there won't be a bubble.

Nets still gonna be dog ****.

Wondering if they'll allow slightly expanded rosters with this as a one time exception given the circumstances because if the other major sports are anything to go off of, injuries are gonna be piling up fast and furious on that sort of condensed schedule...

Who on flat earth was saying that?

I don’t ever recall recall a time where anyone had him above Bron/KD/Curry.
For what little it matters, Bill Simmons was on AD heavy after Boogie went down and he kicked *** on his way to the playoffs.

you did. You were still wrong though. He’s a phenomenal talent. Phenomenal season too. He found his spot as a co star and there’s no shame in that.

I don't think I was wrong. I know legacies are playoffs, and on that Pels team, he had no shot at that, but game wise, at 23-24, he was ridiculous.

And his game has gotten even better in the 2-3 years since I was sayin that. There isn't anything that he can't do. Biggest test for him now, is play 75+ games a season and multiple playoff runs. I know that was the knock on him were the frequent trips to the locker room, he needs to stop those. If he does, inside/outside/midrange/rebounding/defense/blocks/steals/points/"enough" passing, he can do literally everything on the court. He even makes his damn free throws.

To me, years ago and even moreso now, that's Top 3 in the game.

Back
Top Bottom