2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
These two would like a word.
9FF1B53D-37E0-4FE3-894B-B4190A05A22A.gif
156967D4-0FAA-4579-9CC9-EE481D0E86DE.gif
A195B14D-DEBE-42E0-A6BA-944BDCFE9501.gif
I remember seeing somewhere that LT didn’t even lift weights. Son was just a natural plus he was a party animal too which makes his greatness even crazier.

We forget the great era of running backs those guys went against as well? Or are just going to keep it a QB’s?

We forget the great era of running backs those guys went against as well? Or are just going to keep it a QB’s?
Yea that's why those guys were a lot more physical than nowadays, constantly had to be just as good against the run coming up against run-oriented offenses and all-time great RB's regularly.

Nowadays these defenders are a lot better athletes generally as a result of how the game's evolved with the passing game taking precedence forcing them to be able to cover sometimes and cover more ground faster.

Yea that's why those guys were a lot more physical than nowadays, constantly had to be just as good against the run coming up against run-oriented offenses and all-time great RB's regularly.

Nowadays these defenders are a lot better athletes generally as a result of how the game's evolved with the passing game taking precedence forcing them to be able to cover sometimes and cover more ground faster.

don’t know if I necessarily agree

i think who is asked to do what has changed

for example, guys who are DEs now might be LBs back in the day because of the emphasis on the running game and the need to take on blockers and not too much of a focus on their potential liabilities in coverage because TEs and RBs not overly being used in the passing games

same with safeties, guys who would have been safeties 30 years ago are now LBs

but rod woodson is fast whatever era he’s playing in.. same with Deion and Darrell green

hell Reggie white now would be a monster because you’d be throwing him inside to abuse guards and basically searching out matchups

Yea should've specified in terms of guys playing in the front 7 cause DB's have had to be some of the most athletic guys on the field for decades. It's mainly the LB's and DLinemen that have had to physically evolve big time with the changes made to benefit the passing game.

Your average LB is a lot more slimmed down, agile and faster than before and DLinemen have had to work on their footwork a lot more in response to more athletic OLinemen. Can't just dominate/overpower them consistently with pure raw power anymore

DB's have had to change too but moreso in terms of their technique, tackling and how they cover rather than their athletic ability

I think moreso what has changed is who is asked to do what now vs what would happened back then

dont even need to be a bigger CB to get moved to safety or even LB now or play a hybrid of both.. but there was a clear emphasis on size and tackling ability at those positions back in the day

and you don’t mind those liabilities as long as guys can cover or rush the passer

TE is another spot where guys from back when are probably playing tackle or they’re not bulking up.. since there‘s not a clear focus on just straight blocking

but there are some obvious RBs who would have benefited from the focus on getting guys in space

I remember seeing somewhere that LT didn’t even lift weights. Son was just a natural plus he was a party animal too which makes his greatness even crazier.
I have a client who was his agent back in the days. He was the one that got him a $1M per year deal from the Giants (held out before the season and "almost" became an Eagle). He didnt work out during the off season. Signed his deal and legit showed up the next day F'in people up on the field.

They had a team of 3-4 people who's sole job was to make sure LT didnt have too much cocaine at once. Legit had him on a timer throughout the day and would give him cocaine in a "controlled" environment. Fed him like he was a infant.

The stories about LT were legendary. Wish there was social media at that time. We would have seen some wild stuff.

To this day, I haven't seen a badder man on the defensive side. Best ever. He was Mike Tyson on the football field.

Ummmmmm was there anything public about this?

McVay’s coaching tree continues to grow. Bieniemy should come over. He’ll be a coach the following year.

McVay’s coaching tree continues to grow. Bieniemy should come over. He’ll be a coach the following year.
Swear that's the only way he'll actually get a HC job at this rate with the love all these non-playcalling OC's/assistants have been getting :lol::smh:

Everyone wants the next McVay/Shanny and he doesn't fit the mold.

Still though, nasty business that he's the only offensive coach under KC not to get a HC gig yet...

Swear that's the only way he'll actually get a HC job at this rate with the love all these non-playcalling OC's/assistants have been getting :lol::smh:

Everyone wants the next McVay/Shanny and he doesn't fit the mold.

Still though, nasty that he's the only Andy OC in KC not to get a HC gig...

Andy Reid is the OG offensive guru tho

Reactions: HIM
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom