2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that video yesterday of that Michigan D-lineman and that was the first thing I noticed. Dude is in agony on the ground and the pro scouts just walking around like nothing happened. Disgusting.

Hope kid has a speedy recovery, gets back on the field and reeks havoc on all those team’s that had scouts there lol.

I saw that video yesterday of that Michigan D-lineman and that was the first thing I noticed. Dude is in agony on the ground and the pro scouts just walking around like nothing happened. Disgusting.

Hope kid has a speedy recovery, gets back on the field and reeks havoc on all those team’s that had scouts there lol.
Yeah it was tough to see.

I'd also assume that many of them have decades of seeing those injuries. In a high school a kid on the team tore his ACL in practice and seeing that in person was kind of wild. It seems like they're desensitized to a disheartening level. Really just drives home the point that players are simply a resource/commodity at their jobs.

sh is sad.. ain’t hard just to at least react.. I get they aren’t doctors and shouldn’t be trying to rush out to help but at least show a little concern, try to get someone’s attention or something

Last edited:
Hilarious though right?

Ignore it all. Make a statement we did all we can.

Proceed to plan ahead and make the first year only a mil - just in case he’s suspended.

But sure. We stand by him.

That's wiiiiiiiiiiiild. I mean... didn't eem ask?! 😬🤦‍♂️

-foe

Don't have to know stuff if you never ask stuff.

fetchimage.jpeg

I believe these women. The criminal statutes don't really care about sexual crimes but that doesn't absolve this guy from his deplorable actions.
For me and in the threshold of public opinion something had to have happened. Could some of the women be lying? Maybe. But 22 cases? Even if one of them is true dude still has big creep energy. For how mad anyone is might be, simply put he is talented and rich enough to skate through this entire thing. Even if he gave each accuser a mil, he just signed for nearly a quarter billy guareented, and if he continues to play the way we know he can, he's in line for another big bag.

For me and in the threshold of public opinion something had to have happened. Could some of the women be lying? Maybe. But 22 cases? Even if one of them is true dude still has big creep energy. For how mad anyone is might be, simply put he is talented and rich enough to skate through this entire thing. Even if he gave each accuser a mil, he just signed for nearly a quarter billy guareented, and if he continues to play the way we know he can, he's in line for another big bag.

The thing about Watson is that he doesn't have to be a predator if he didn't want to be. Being a predator is all about power. He's young, athletic, rich and Handsome. He could get himself a nice young lady but it was about him getting his and asserting dominance over someone else. Dude is a scumbag

This deplorable

sh is sad.. ain’t hard just to at least react.. I get they aren’t doctors and shouldn’t be trying to rush out to help but at least show a little concern, try to get someone’s attention or something

The optics look bad but the reality is they all did exactly what they should do, stay the hell out of the way. Don’t need to get medicals attention, they’re already there prepared to do their job.

We also have the benefit of judging in hindsight knowing full well that it’s ruptured tendon, but in the moment you don’t know what issue is and you know you’re not qualified to assess the situation.

Guarantee Ojabo didn’t want or need emotional support from individuals he has no personal relationship with.

In that situation in that environment stay out of the athletes personal space and don’t be a distraction to the people who have scope and influence over the situation.

The tweet is deliberately misleading. In the next photos they clearly stopped everything and he got treatment.

Should they have gone up to him, those people immediately near to the injury I mean, and asked him what he needed in terms of medical personnel and medical attention, yeah, that’s the cold part, but you’re also right these people already on the field as the injury happens aren’t trained to help anything injury-wise so they flubbed at the asking what he needed part, getting that for him, and then giving him space.

The optics look bad but the reality is they all did exactly what they should do, stay the hell out of the way. Don’t need to get medicals attention, they’re already there prepared to do their job.

We also have the benefit of judging in hindsight knowing full well that it’s ruptured tendon, but in the moment you don’t know what issue is and you know you’re not qualified to assess the situation.

Guarantee Ojabo didn’t want or need emotional support from individuals he has no personal relationship with.

In that situation in that environment stay out of the athletes personal space and don’t be a distraction to the people who have scope and influence over the situation.

In the tweet is deliberately misleading. In the next photos they clearly stopped everything and he got treatment.

That one dude walked right past him, didn’t say a word to him, and picked up the football. Don’t give these bums a pass. You can show empathy and check on him without physically touching him or being in the way.

Should they have gone up to him, those people immediately near to the injury I mean, and asked him what he needed in terms of medical personnel and medical attention, yeah, that’s the cold part, but you’re also right these people already on the field as the injury happens aren’t trained to help anything so they flubbed at the asking what he needed, getting that, and then giving him space.

No they absolutely should not. Stay the hell away.

No they absolutely should not. Stay the hell away.
“They should not” what? Ask the injured player what he needs in terms of medical personnel or medical attention, without actually attending to him themselves? What’s the hurt in that?

That one dude walked right past him, didn’t say a word to him, and picked up the football. Don’t give these bums a pass. You can show empathy and check on him without physically touching him or being in the way.

Like I said the optics look bad but the reality is dudes job is probably literally to pick up the football and his concern is meaningless. Maybe someone else would have reacted differently but my general point is the big picture here isn’t some heartless deplorable thing. Injuries themselves are brutal and a part of it all and in general if you’re not trained medical stay out of the way.

Checking on him is not going cause damage though. Kid probably a wreck emotionally with what is at stake. Staying with him until medical professionals could get to him, is not going to cause harm to him.

“They should not” what? Ask the injured player what he needs in terms of medical personnel or medical attention, without actually attending to him themselves? What’s the hurt in that?

No, they should not ask the athlete what he needs in terms of medical attention he doesn’t know and it’s not their job to assess.

Worst case scenario, the harm is you get a group random strangers hovering over an injured person in distress, further compounding that distress, AND physically blocking access for trainers and physios.

In a environment with professional medical on site stay out the way give the athlete personal space.

Checking on him is not going cause damage though. Kid probably a wreck emotionally with what is at stake. Staying with him until medical professionals could get to him, is not going to cause harm to him.

Like I said I guarantee an injured athlete doesn’t want emotional support from someone they have no personal relationship with in that situation.

I’m saying they should ask the athlete if he needs a trainer or not :lol: not ask him what he needs or that they’re the one that tends to him.

I’m saying they should ask the athlete if he needs a trainer or not :lol: not ask him what he needs or that they’re the one that tends to him.

Obviously he needs a trainer bro.

That would be a silly question to ask and exactly why non medical should stay the hell away. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom