2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn’t Uncle Jeff going back to the Nets? Seemed like a good fit for him. Can get more $ elsewhere?

All these reports bout the picks Philly wants for Ben, but shouldn’t they be more focused on acquiring someone that can help em in a playoff game right now ? :lol:
They want to make it so wherever Ben is traded he can keep working for them by getting them lottery picks
tenor.gif

Good thread.

I think the emergence of Randle and the leap of RJ made it so the FO is less concerned about rebuilding and more concerned about adding solid pieces until we can pick up a disgruntled star and/or a 2022 free agent. That's how I interpreted the draft and our recent moves.

I'm not mad at trading the 19th pick for a future FRP if you dont like who's available to you. Could use that in a trade package. A team wants 4 FRPs? Now you have 2 from other teams in the same year (Mavs)

Charlotte is gonna have to remove some of those protections based on some rule no one knew about. Something about them not having a pick for 3 consecutive years.

They want to make it so wherever Ben is traded he can keep working for them by getting them lottery picks
tenor.gif

I think the emergence of Randle and the leap of RJ made it so the FO is less concerned about rebuilding and more concerned about adding solid pieces until we can pick up a disgruntled star and/or a 2022 free agent. That's how I interpreted the draft and our recent moves.
Yea, but the Knicks drafted Grimes and McBride who are more in line with guys who you see as rotational players on a contender type of team. Knicks should absolutely still be swinging for high upside guys with star potential as well.

Yea, but the Knicks drafted Grimes and McBride who are more in line with guys who you see as rotational players on a contender type of team. Knicks should absolutely still be swinging for high upside guys with star potential as well.

Yea I didnt like drafting based on what Thibs wants, his contract is shorter than most these rookie contracts. They did try moving up, but got rejected.

Also who at 19 or 21 was there with star potential? Who was the last star to be drafted in that range?

Derozan and lowry being key targets in free agency in 2021
Wattba
That title wonders for his image and perception as a player… Derozan is 6’7,can score efficiently and playmake he’s always gonna be a top target.

Yea I didnt like drafting based on what Thibs wants, his contract is shorter than most these rookie contracts. They did try moving up, but got rejected.

Also who at 19 or 21 was there with star potential? Who was the last star to be drafted in that range?
Touché, may not have really been a star potential guy after the trade down. Jalen Johnson would’ve been there before the Charlotte deal and he’s pretty boom or bust. Keon Johnson probably never ends up being that either but he would’ve been a swing too. I love McBride though, he’s going to have a long nba career if his shooting sticks. I just agree with Glockner’s general sentiment. Knicks are probably in a spot where they’re too good to get a great draft pick and too bad to be drafting like a contender. It’s a confusing spot to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom