2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he was gassed but he took way too long to get into the PnR. Gotta play with more tempo when you’re losing.

On top of that #7 Prepelic is the name I think, he wasn’t nearly flat enough. Should’ve been WAY closer to the “T” part of Tokyo on sideline. So Batum was able to help & get back. Luka’s only other choice was a stepback which he’d been missing all night.

Poor execution all around.

I know he was gassed but he took way too long to get into the PnR. Gotta play with more tempo when you’re losing.

On top of that #7 Prepelic is the name I think, he wasn’t nearly flat enough. Should’ve been WAY closer to the “T” part of Tokyo on sideline. So Batum was able to help & get back. Luka’s only other choice was a stepback which he’d been missing all night.

Poor execution all around.
Even with all that if dude was bigger could have drawn a foul or dunked. Unfortunate for Slovenia. I think USA would have put it on them

Even with all that if dude was bigger could have drawn a foul or dunked. Unfortunate for Slovenia. I think USA would have put it on them
Which is why he should’ve been flat :lol: gives Luka more space to take Gobert & if Batum still wants to sit on free throw line it’s a wide open 3 instead of Prepelic trying to create off the bounce with the game on the line

Was luka injured? Seemed like he never took a shot in the 4th

commentators kept saying he hurt his wrist

That Luka thing was weird to me. Saw the play he hurt his left wrist but he was handling the ball and everything. They almost pulled off the comeback but hoo boy how the standards are different for some folks. Let that have been some players considered great and it would have been nonstop chatter, memes and slander.

Hope Lukas hand is okay. Wouldnt think going after that loose ball and colliding with that plastic barrier would cause a break but he immediately grabbed his left hand in pain.

Anyway, that Batum block was fantastic. Great game all the way through. I didn’t think France was going to get over the hump after the play in the first half, then they almost gave it away at the end.

I don't watch much international basketball but one of my favorite things about it is that the pace of play is so much better. This was a 1-2 possession game basically the entire fourth quarter. If this were the NBA, that final two minutes would have taken half an hour with all the stoppages and timeouts.

Which is why he should’ve been flat :lol: gives Luka more space to take Gobert & if Batum still wants to sit on free throw line it’s a wide open 3 instead of Prepelic trying to create off the bounce with the game on the line
Got the shoulder past him and everything

The process was poor but I guess what I’m getting at: if you said to decide the game you’re gonna have a guy free runway to the rim with the defender trailing youd have to be optimistic

That’s gotta be anguish for that whole country

Where you from?

Damn got all serious on me. I was born in the Middle East. Still a citizen here, but not patriotic like that.

Im speaking strictly from a basketball perspective. Other teams come after the US’s neck. The US has too many flaws that France can expose. Same French men that were playing together for years. If KD is on, it’ll be a close game, if not I can’t see the US winning. They’re not accustomed to international basketball at all. Not the same type of talent and fundamentals we had with the past 2-3 teams.

Damn got all serious on me. I was born in the Middle East. Still a citizen here, but not patriotic like that.

Im speaking strictly from a basketball perspective. Other teams come after the US’s neck. The US has too many flaws that France can expose. Same French men that were playing together for years. If KD is on, it’ll be a close game, if not I can’t see the US winning. They’re not accustomed to international basketball at all. Not the same type of talent and fundamentals we had with the past 2-3 teams.
Who gonna put money up

I was getting far from serious on you :lol:

They just hung a 48-14 run in the semis. They were showing flaws early but I don't see them dropping to France twice, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom