2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
E8D-6K5VcAA-t9v.jpeg

I forgot about this picture :lol:

A reunion could be in the works

Contrast this with Kobe and his Lakers runs. I think people underrate just how difficult of a path the Kobe/ Shaq and Kobe/ Pau Gasol Lakers teams had.

There were multiple Finals runs where the Lakers played four 50 win teams

Regarding the Kobe/Pau years, I thought they broke through at a perfect time. No real contender types (Denver was tough in 09 though) because the Suns were fading, Mavs were in a malaise, Spurs were re-tooling and no one took the Jazz seriously.
Solid backup guard who can efficiently run the offense in spurts
One of the underrated worst big playoff game/series players in recent memory.

I'm starting to get back to knowing who's who in terms of practical posting and I think you're one of the better posters.

So for you to not see where I said the Sixers COULD become bottom feeders if they traded Ben for Brog AND if Embiid gets hurt and/or leaves......

Meaning the Sixers just have a roster of Tobias, Brogdon, Danny Green, Shake, Seth, Drum .... you really think that's above heading to being a bottom feeder franchise?
Yeah I can agree it gets tricky when dealing with Embiid's health and how many games you have to hold the line without him and Ben has a .500 record without him. Does a Brogdon swap really change that? I can't call it tbh. Even if it was I'm not sure the drop is that big

34-34 for Ben

I dont feel crazy saying they could be 29-32 wins with Malcolm. Thats essentially what he was as a Pacer

But this all hinges on Embiid rather than what Ben does to elevate the team imo

Yeah I can agree it gets tricky when dealing with Embiid's health and how many games you have to hold the line without him and Ben has a .500 record without him. Does a Brogdon swap really change that? I can't call it tbh. Even if it was I'm not sure the drop is that big

34-34 for Ben

I dont feel crazy saying they could be 29-32 wins with Malcolm. Thats essentially what he was as a Pacer

But this all hinges on Embiid rather than what Ben does to elevate the team imo

Some of those wins might have come with jimmy to he’s Not an all star this year with the eastern conference this year around . Take Ben out you can have Trae young for sure make it this year possible players Khris Middleton Kyle Lowry demar derozan Jrue holiday maybe melo if we see that jumpn

Philly fans offering to personally drive Ben Simmons to his next team even if it means crossing the border up north or across the country. Meanwhile LA fans calling Benjamin a star and vehemently defending him as essential to the Sixers postseason success.

What a time to be alive, y’all.

Philly fans offering to personally drive Ben Simmons to his next team even if it means crossing the border up north or across the country. Meanwhile LA fans calling Benjamin a star and vehemently defending him as essential to the Sixers postseason success.

What a time to be alive, y’all.

Dudes were asking for Philadelphia credentials :lol:

amitt5504 amitt5504 isn't a real Philadelphian, he only throws AAA batteries.

xxpizzo xxpizzo throws the 9 volts :smokin

I’m not sure if it was you but we’ve talked ad nauseam about Ben’s poor playoff performance. Just last year Brogdon put up 22/4/10 in the playoffs. He put up 21/5/6 this regular season. Compare that to Ben’s 14/7/7 this season (which are actually regressions from his previous seasons. Then he puts up 12/8/8 on 62/0/34 splits this postseason. You’ve got to be kidding me that Brogdon is a regression, man. Ben hasn’t gotten better in the regular season since he’s gotten in the league and he’s been consistently trash in the postseason bro.

Yes, Benjamin is an all-star but you’re acting like he’s some big draw. Philly fans have given up on him because they know the jig is up. Look at who the Bucks just won with outside Giannis. It’s about putting the pieces in place to compete for a championship, not this “star power”. And Benjamin ain’t even a star like that.

You guys are somehow taking my quotes completely out of context.

I capitalized NATIONALLY as in Ben's appeal goes beyond just the Philly market.

Does Brogdon's?

Btw, love those splits on the offensive numbers. Care to give me the splits on the defensive numbers now? :nerd:

Khem showed promise on the Raps after the trade deadline

Last edited:
You're missing the point.

It's not about whether or not YOU guys think he's "good" or "valuable".

Having to justify trading Ben Simmons for Malcolm Brogdon and some picks goes through the team governor. And if THAT guy (or to a lesser extent the bean counters) doesn't think getting Brogdon will move merchandise or generate buzz or fan interest/excitement, then what are we really doing?

Come on, look past the surface level. :smh:

If YOU owned a team and had Ben Simmons, would YOU ok a trade of him for Malcolm Brogdon and 2 picks? Let's see how honest you are here.

I guarantee Ben Simmons isn't moving the difference in Brodgon and his salary in merch moving forward in Philly

So yes as an owner and business person I'm okay with that transaction

Especially when dumping Ben's salary for Malcolm keeps the Sixers out the tax

He obviously isn't worth anywhere near what they're asking so yea for what the Sixers need and what would be practical that's a fair deal. They aren't getting an all star caliber player in return unless one specifically asks to come to Philly and even then they are going to have to add more to any deal.

Sixers are supposed to be a championship contender. Brogdon definitely helps that cause jersey sales be dammed.

Not "they".

YOU.

You're still speaking from a they perspective.

I didn't see an answer to the question from YOUR point of view.

Regarding the Kobe/Pau years, I thought they broke through at a perfect time. No real contender types (Denver was tough in 09 though) because the Suns were fading, Mavs were in a malaise, Spurs were re-tooling and no one took the Jazz seriously.

I'll agree that The Lakers didn't play any all-time great teams during the Kobe and Pau Gasol run (other than the 2008 Celtics) but they also didn't play any scrubs either. Even in the first round they were playing against 50 win teams. There were no sub .500 doormats that they could sleep walk to easy sweeps. During that era the west was full of very good teams.

Contrast that with the east over the last decade where sub 500 teams made the playoffs and mediocre teams made the second round and sometimes conference finals.

Schroder just needs to sign that 1 year minimum with Boston and be done with it.

Show out this year then go out and get that 4 year $50mil next summer

All jokes aside I wouldn't even mind that pick up :lol:

Smart and Pritchard as the PG depth is pretty sad.

I guarantee Ben Simmons isn't moving the difference in Brodgon and his salary in merch moving forward in Philly

So yes as an owner and business person I'm okay with that transaction

Especially when dumping Ben's salary for Malcolm keeps the Sixers out the tax

Again, stop picking 1 thing out of a list of things.

And if THAT guy (or to a lesser extent the bean counters) doesn't think getting Brogdon will move merchandise or generate buzz or fan interest/excitement, then what are we really doing?

Does getting Malcolm Brogdon and 2 picks guarantee a title?

Likely not. So we're going to be doing the same winning that we did WITH Ben but maybe be on TV less, sell less merchandise, have less of a profile, and draw less fan interest for ticket sales and such?

I'm not JUST talking about merch here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom