2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are somehow taking my quotes completely out of context.

I capitalized NATIONALLY as in Ben's appeal goes beyond just the Philly market.

Does Brogdon's?

Btw, love those splits on the offensive numbers. Care to give me the splits on the defensive numbers now? :nerd:
It’s a lost cause. Dudes were coming for Bens neck. And now the report about him not returning embiids phone calls came out. And now they came out to defend him saying he was thrown under the bus and Philly fans are mean to him.
I’ve learned that dudes in this thread will push whatever narrative ****s in the city of Philadelphia as a whole. It’s a complete waste of time.

I'll agree that The Lakers didn't play any all-time great teams during the Kobe and Pau Gasol run (other than the 2008 Celtics) but they also didn't play any scrubs either. Even in the first round they were playing against 50 win teams. There were no sub .500 doormats that they could sleep walk to easy sweeps. During that era the west was full of very good teams.

Contrast that with the east over the last decade where sub 500 teams made the playoffs and mediocre teams made the second round and sometimes conference finals.
When the Suns got rid of Shaq they immediately went back to their old ways

In 2010 I remember them being lethal af. I just checked to make sure and they were the only team in the league to shoot 40% from 3 and led the league in scoring. I feel as if they weren't like those Suns Suns that should have made a Finals years back but they were formidable af

The 09 Rockets team without TMAC pushing LAL to 7 games was insane

"star power" aside, the word is out that Ben is an offensive liability. He can only be great on a team like Brooklyn or LA where he isn't expected to score. Problem is, Philly paying that man $33-35M a year and are overvaluing what he can bring to a team, which isn't much

Malcolm Brogdon is a 50 40 90 player
Yes he's an improvement over Ben

Ok, I swear a lot of y'all are just trolling now. :lol:

Completely disregard all other points I've made.

Let's move on for the night and not waste anymore keystrokes as elpablo21 elpablo21 said.

"Much success to you ALL, even if you wish me the opposite,
sooner or later, we'll all see who the prophet is"

Brogdon AND 2 firsts? That shouldn't even be a question
Winning sells. Satisfied fans buy more merch and tickets
Nothing would be lost by getting rid of Ben

Who even came out with the 'report' about Ben not returning Embiid's calls? Probably not even true. I hate that the NBA has become TMZ'd to the extent that it has.

My man. Free thinker.

Dudes think Troel made that face not knowing the camera was on him. :lol:

Dudes really believe that young socialite quote. :lol:

14 7 7 stats all star player 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
21 6 5 can shoot don’t need the ball in his hand 15 mill cheaper

Seriously, it's lightweight absurd to think Ben Simmons of all people is changing the amount of national TV games the Sixers are getting.

My man. Free thinker.

Dudes think Troel made that face not knowing the camera was on him. :lol:

Dudes really believe that young socialite quote. :lol:

People take tweets like they're gospel. Even the blue check mark 'reports' are probably 50% accurate 5% of the time :lol:

It's tough to sift through the B/S nowadays. These reporters should have their salaries incentivized and anything they report that's bogus should be fine worthy.

Seriously, it's lightweight absurd to think Ben Simmons of all people is changing the amount of national TV games the Sixers are getting.

Guy is a meme at this point the worst part he’s not a humble player and never has been acts tough gets crazy amped up thinks he’s a list celebrity.

Guy is a meme at this point the worst part he’s not a humble player and never has been acts tough gets crazy amped up thinks he’s a list celebrity.
Ben never even talks. This is the irrational stuff that gets thrown onto him

It’s a lost cause. Dudes were coming for Bens neck. And now the report about him not returning embiids phone calls came out. And now they came out to defend him saying he was thrown under the bus and Philly fans are mean to him.
I’ve learned that dudes in this thread will push whatever narrative ****s in the city of Philadelphia as a whole. It’s a complete waste of time.

I got the energy tonight. :lol:

I think the Philly fanbase as a whole is overly excessive and I also acknowledge that Ben Simmons is a work in progress.

So I'm not some Philly fan or even a diehard Ben Simmons fan.

But the one thing I can't stand is a mob/bully mentality. And it seems like a LOT of people in here are just piggybacking off of unconfirmed reports/tweets.

I just like to challenge people to step back and look at the other side of the coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom