2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Dwight afford all those baby mama's and Rolls and cribs for their fam (think he is at 7?) off continually taking 1 yr minimums?

Bron taking a backseat to Russ ain't happening. I can see if Russ is going off a couple nights Bron knows how to read the floor and feed the hot hand, that's about as far as it goes.

A team with Bron & AD are favorites no matter who is 3-12 :lol: One of the most talented duos in the history of the sport. They can 3 peat and Russ is the same dude.

No narratives changed for KD in Golden State, you saw how Dray viewed him & what he said himself after he won.

The narrative would definitely change about Russ. People have said you can't win with him, he can't take a backseat, too reckless (something I've said for a decade). If he can play under control and win a chip especially with the Lakers, the biggest brand in the league (I know that pains some people but is what it is) it changes his story and image. It changed for Gasol, Metta, Dwight.

tenor.gif

:lol: i seen this the other day. This guys a moron talking about no one wants to play in Toronto cuz of those expensive phone bills. Bet those phone bills in Shanghai werent cheap 👀

Americans still mad the Raps won a chip :lol: bunch of em on here too. Still mad :lol:
His dumb *** ain’t hip to WhatsApp obviously, no foreign ho’s :lol:

Harden couldn't get it done as the 1st or 2nd option. Went to Brooklyn to be the 3rd guy. That's what some are saying Russ is doing and he shouldn't get any credit for it. No Kyrie wasn't the 3rd guy, Harden took the backseat when they all played which as I said earlier was only for like 12 games but it did work out that way. If y'all can't be honest then we can't have a serious discussion.
I don’t care about first second third guy, that’s a red herring. Irrelevant. It’s about how good you are as a basketball player and how much your play contributes to winning. Harden’s seamless assimilation into the Nets offense is one example of his greatness and versatility on the offensive end. And again you’re wrong, he was the primary ball handler when all three player together. For good reason as he’s the best playmaker of the three.

This _ Dwight couldn't wait to come back :lol:

Man, Dwight personality always been made for LA. :lol:

He just had the misfortune of a) following behind Shaq, b) being immature his first go round, c) clashing with LA's favorite son, and d) having to deal with the same type of slander that a certain current player is dealing with now.

Still ended up being a HOFer though.

Bron taking a backseat to Russ ain't happening. I can see if Russ is going off a couple nights Bron knows how to read the floor and feed the hot hand, that's about as far as it goes.

The narrative would definitely change about Russ. People have said you can't win with him, he can't take a backseat, too reckless (something I've said for a decade). If he can play under control and win a chip especially with the Lakers, the biggest brand in the league (I know that pains some people but is what it is) it changes his story and image. It changed for Gasol, Metta, Dwight.
You can’t win with him if he’s starring as your 1st or 2nd guy, didn’t think that distinction needed to be made :lol: He can’t be in that role if a title is the goal.

If you cut any guy’s usage below 30 and have him play alongside Bron & AD, you have a good team & can win a title.

It doesn’t change any of the flaws that were on display when he wasn’t playing with two of the greatest players ever :lol:

Man, Dwight personality always been made for LA. :lol:

He just had the misfortune of a) following behind Shaq, b) being immature his first go round, c) clashing with LA's favorite son, and d) having to deal with the same type of slander that a certain current player is dealing with now.

Still ended up being a HOFer though.
E) having a serious back injury which ended up impacting the rest of his career

You can’t win with him if he’s starring as your 1st or 2nd guy, didn’t think that distinction needed to be made :lol: He can’t be in that role if a title is the goal.

If you cut any guy’s usage below 30 and have him play alongside Bron & AD, you have a good team & can win a title.

It doesn’t change any of the flaws that were on display when he wasn’t playing with two of the greatest players ever :lol:

That's not how **** works though. We know this. :lol:

We know how the media and most fans operate. NT won't change how they see Russ but if he wins a chip with the Lakers it 100% will change how the media and most fans talk about him. Again, Pau's name got a lot bigger when went to LA. Metta completely changed his image winning in LA.

a) Gasol - undeserved, was just anonymous in Memphis but was consistently excellent
b) Metta- Great player coming off of strong winning contributions to the Rockets, obviously shot himself in the foot with some of personal behavior but consistently excellent in his lane on the court.
c) Dwight- Top 5 player for years, led his team to the finals dropping 45 in a close out game. Crippled by injury back half of his career and became a limited role player.
e) Russ- Bad defender, can’t shoot, bad decision maker and one of the worst playoff/clutch performing stars of the last 20 years.

It’s not really the same as far as “changing narratives” goes.

That's not how **** works though. We know this. :lol:

We know how the media and most fans operate. NT won't change how they see Russ but if he wins a chip with the Lakers it 100% will change how the media and most fans talk about him. Again, Pau's name got a lot bigger when went to LA. Metta completely changed his image winning in LA.
But nothing changed for Kevin Durant who wasn't a third option but a 1 A/B. It got worse for him in fact.

Goober just bodied tffff out of Durant underneath on France's first bucket.

-foe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom