2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
These foul calls are so questionable. Pop can sacrifice putting in McGee with all this offense around him.

It's because he's a traditional, back-to-the-basket big and damn near all our bigs grew up playing stretch 5s. My take.

-foe

I've watched this cat playing Utah for years, he is not a back to the basket big. How come he doesn't have any post moves to punish smaller defenders in the NBA? He didn't learn post moves in the last 6 weeks. We're just constantly fouling him

Even if you did that it still wouldn't look as good
No defensive 3 seconds guys, the spacing wouldn't be the same.
Guys parking in the paint helps the offense if you give Dame a screen at halfcourt though. If you’re completely flat he has the entire top of the key to work against the big if he’s not in drop…. Like in Portland.

They’re running PnR much closer to the 3 point line than he’s been accustomed to. Guys aren’t always as flat as they should be either

I've watched this cat playing Utah for years, he is not a back to the basket big. How come he doesn't have any post moves to punish smaller defenders in the NBA? He didn't learn post moves in the last 6 weeks. We're just constantly fouling him
I shouldn't have said back-to-the-basket, but I meant that his area is the rim. He's got great footwork and positioning, and he seldom leaves the rim area. He's not the stretch 5 that a lot of our guys have defended damn near their whole lives.

-foe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom