2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that the basketball hall of fame includes college accomplishments which will definitely put Draymond over the top. He was a beast at Michigan State.

He took the Spartans to two final fours, one conference player of the year and some national awards as well. Not to mention he was a four-year player in college.

It's not even a debate

His peak he def was more than a role player, he was legit All NBA caliber and consistently All Defensive Team/DPOY contender
That sounds like a stretch

man has made 3 all star teams, will never sniff one again… I know his value isn’t in scoring but you gotta be a scorer on some level unless you’re Rodman or something. He’s only avg double digits 4x (14.0 career high). I think he’s definitely OUT but like I said if he plays a big role in another ring team, that might do it for him. Great role player

Edit- double digits ppg 4x

Last edited:

man has made 3 all star teams, will never sniff one again… I know his value isn’t in scoring but you gotta be a scorer on some level unless you’re Rodman or something. He’s only avg double digits 3x (14.0 career high). I think he’s definitely OUT but like I said if he plays a big role in another ring team, that might do it for him. Great role player
Naw he def already has a combo of rings/all stars/and awards just to make it off his NBA career alone …The minimum to get in the hall ain’t that tough overall, can’t short Dray

man has made 3 all star teams, will never sniff one again… I know his value isn’t in scoring but you gotta be a scorer on some level unless you’re Rodman or something. He’s only avg double digits 3x (14.0 career high). I think he’s definitely OUT but like I said if he plays a big role in another ring team, that might do it for him. Great role player
At his peak he made All NBA. Role players don't make All NBA. But that's not even the main point, which is that he's a lock to make the HOF based off criteria

His college+ pro resumes and 2 Gold medals easily get him in

I think you can make an argument that he's the best defensive player of this generation. Integral piece of the most successful team of this generation too.
HOF'er Ben Wallace won DPOY 4x, Dray only won once but I feel like he should have won more. I would have to go back and look at which years though.. I figured that was a good comparison

Draymond putting a HOF career together?

Ima sound like a hater but I hope not. If he plays a big role in another championship it might be hard to deny him. He’s HOF for being annoying, HOF for role players…
By NBA standards Draymond is a definite HOFer

206to813 206to813 , I can't stand him but Dray is DEFINITELY getting in the Hall of Very Good, my friend.

-foe
if you’re distinguishing the Hall of Very Good from the Hall of Fame, then I’m with you. He’s in the Hall of Very Good

he definitely ain’t no lock, if anything he will barely squeak in and have the worst stats of any modern player besides maybe Ben, I’m not sure. Yes I know stats don’t paint the whole picture but years of 5 points 7 rebound games add up a whole lot
That’s why I think he needs one more ring where he’s a big player

@addict4sneakers @amitt5504

****ed around and almost had a triple double

whew (1).png

A pick up game triple double is 5-5-5 so he’s good in my book

Dray is definitely getting in. Some of ya'll must not know that it's the BASKETBALL hall of fame... not just the NBA hall of fame... I mean even Yao is in the hall of fame lol
Man that’s the reason why he’s in if he does make it. The bump from College + team USA achievements

Man that’s the reason why he’s in if he does make it. The bump from College + team USA achievements
Plus 3 chips that he was a major contributor and a dpoy and an all star. And dudes really is so special on defense.

How do you guys like the FIBA officiating?

I prefer it. They were super consistent, allowed them to play without it getting too physical, and the refs actually engaged with the players in explaining calls. There was very little bs called in the games I watched.

The no defensive 3 seconds in the key is tricky though, forces coaches to run more intricate half court sets, maybe we can do without that one.

I haven't watched a single usa game but it's already an improvement if the refs weren't falling for the foul baiting that certain nba players are known for.

Last edited:
How do you guys like the FIBA officiating?

I prefer it. They were super consistent, allowed them to play without it getting too physical, and the refs actually engaged with the players in explaining calls. There was very little bs called in the games I watched.

The no defensive 3 seconds in the key is tricky though, forces coaches to run more intricate half court sets, maybe we can do without that one.
I liked the pacing overall better. They got picky at times with calls but felt way less bogged down then some NBA games

Not a fan of no defensive 3 seconds
Like the "spirit of the game" fouls
I'm 50/50 on basketball interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom