2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simmons for D'Lo, Beasley and McDaniels seems like a pretty good haul. That's a hit on the defense, but to improve the shot making would be huge.

Scottie Pippen going senile I see.

Guess he's faded from all that's happened to him during his time in the NBA. Not to mention, he also had some personal life issues after his playing days were over. He could've really changed his public outlook, but The Last Dance kind of made him look like a ****.

I can understand why homie is behaving the way he is rn.

Really don't understand why the Lakers want Jordan when they have Marc (who is going to prove to be more useful when it matters).

dj.jpg

Simmons for D'Lo, Beasley and McDaniels seems like a pretty good haul. That's a hit on the defense, but to improve the shot making would be huge.

This is why I don’t have faith in Doc/Philly winning at least 10 games next offseason. Embiid would have to go God Mode for the Sixers to make noise with DLo or Tobi as the team’s second best player. The loss of defense really hurts when you have go through BKN and/or MIL.

Scottie Pippen is one of those players who's actually hurt his legacy in retirement. I didn't even know that he was an arrogant a-hole until after he retired. The only bad thing I knew about Scottie was that he was cheap. The last couple of years, stories of come out about his terrible attitude and he only compounds this by giving bizarre interviews and switching up narratives whenever he wants.

He went from saying that LeBron is the 🐐, to LeBron is behind the Jordan and Kobe to LeBron one with no help expeditiously
chuck played with pip one and year and them two been beefing ever since :lol:

This is why I don’t have faith in Doc/Philly winning at least 10 games next offseason. Embiid would have to go God Mode for the Sixers to make noise with DLo or Tobi as the team’s second best player. The loss of defense really hurts when you have go through BKN and/or MIL.
DLo as your 2nd best player doesn't sound good in a vacuum, but he's a much better option offensively than Simmons. Actually a dangerous PnR player with Embiid and can spray it out to Harris/Curry/etc as well as score himself. Offense would run much more smooth.

Lakers need another big so why not?

This move only makes sense if Gasol is gone. Otherwise,there's a log jam with AD/Dwight/Gasol

This current Lakers roster really doesn't make much sense. We have a ton of guards, no wing players (other than a 36-year-old Trevor ariza) and few bigs. I don't understand the vision that Rob and LeBron are going for.

Maybe the Lakers are just trying to tread water until someone gets bought out? Maybe they know something we don't?

This move only makes sense if Gasol is gone. Otherwise,there's a log jam with AD/Dwight/Gasol

This current Lakers roster really doesn't make much sense. We have a ton of guards, no wing players (other than a 36-year-old Trevor ariza) and few bigs. I don't understand the vision that Rob and LeBron are going for.

Maybe the Lakers are just trying to tread water until someone gets bought out? Maybe they know something we don't?
Some of those guys are almost certainly going to get hurt & miss time, no?

DLo as your 2nd best player doesn't sound good in a vacuum, but he's a much better option offensively than Simmons. Actually a dangerous PnR player with Embiid and can spray it out to Harris/Curry/etc as well as score himself. Offense would run much more smooth.
I 100% agree with your post from an offensive standpoint but even as I was typing earlier, my thought was “Does the benefit to the offense outweigh the dip in defense?” I guess with a team like BKN, you know they’re getting buckets regardless son it becomes a shootout in which case you’ll need that offensive firepower. However, against a team like MIL that is balanced on both sides of the ball, I think the lack of defense hurts you.

Embiid, Green, Thybulle, McDaniels and Springer (if he breaks into the rotation) are all good defenders.

The vaulted defense got lit up by Trae, and they didn't have the firepower to target Trae/Huerter on the other end.
This is a good point. Outside of Thigh Bull, I forgot they would still have Green and McDaniels. I’m probably overvaluing Benjamin and his overall impact like a lot of folks have throughout his career.

Think the hope is that things will work they like did the 2019-2020 season. LeBron and AD (and maybe Westbrook) will be consistently great, the team defense will be upper echelon because Vogel’s good at scheming/AD is a beast, and they’ll get enough out of the rest of roster offensively, by committee, that they’ll still be better than everyone else even if the roster isn’t perfectly constructed.

This mixture of players is bit more odd than the 2020 group, but the formula can still work as long as LeBron and AD are healthy.

Last edited:

Rob knows better than you.

Roster makes pretty good sense actually. There weren't many if any 3 and D guys on the market so they loaded up with shooting instead. Vogel can scheme up a good defense. DJ would be a break in case of emergency. Russ and Bron will put more than enough pressure at the rim on offense and as long as AD can stay relatively healthy he's a Swiss army knife on D that covers a lot of mistakes.

I 100% agree with your post from an offensive standpoint but even as I was typing earlier, my thought was “Does the benefit to the offense outweigh the dip in defense?” I guess with a team like BKN, you know they’re getting buckets regardless son it becomes a shootout in which case you’ll need that offensive firepower. However, against a team like MIL that is balanced on both sides of the ball, I think the lack of defense hurts you.
Gotta be able to score. Can't worry about how you stack up with Brooklyn and Milwaukee if you can't beat Atlanta, and maybe others. Team still has some capable defenders. Will take a little step back on that end, but having an actual cohesive offense should outweigh that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom