2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread gonna be MOVING this day

I'm here for the energy 🔥
I’m curious…why do you think it will be hectic? It’s not a numbered list so are saying that due to the snubs? I don’t see anyone of note from the previous Top 50 list being removed that would cause an uproar but I could potentially see some snubs that rustle jimmies. The posts a few up from this about Wade already show there’s going to be some disagreements :lol:

I’m curious…why do you think it will be hectic? It’s not a numbered list so are saying that due to the snubs? I don’t see anyone of note from the previous Top 50 list being removed that would cause an uproar but I could potentially see some snubs that rustle jimmies. The posts a few up from this about Wade already show there’s going to be some disagreements :lol:
The list will not be ranked but the thread will take care of that
mjgrin.png

I feel like most new additions will be recent players but this does add a window for older guys like sohi 23 sohi 23 mentioned with Nique (and others which may lead to "snubs")

And there's gonna be a few surprises because these list kind of always try to preserve lanes for the very early guys. NFL 100 had some head scratchers for that exact reason

There’s an added element to this - it looks like in addition to the Top 50 Greatest Players they also selected Top 10 Best Coaches and Top 10 Best Teams…..Any changes?
  1. Red Auerbach
  2. Chuck Daly
  3. Bill Fitch
  4. Red Holzman
  5. Phil Jackson
  6. John Kundla
  7. Don Nelson
  8. Jack Ramsay
  9. Pay Riley
  10. Lenny Wilkens
  1. 64-65 Celtics
  2. 66-67 Sixers
  3. 69-70 Knicks
  4. 71-72 Lakers
  5. 82-83 Sixers
  6. 85-86 Celtics
  7. 86-87 Lakers
  8. 88-89 Pistons
  9. 91-92 Bulls
  10. 95-96 Bulls
Interesting note about the Top 10 Teams:
The list was compiled based upon unranked selection undertaken exclusively by members of the print and broadcast media who regularly cover the NBA. Teams were chosen from among all single-season individual teams. Each team won the NBA championship, and they combined to average 66 wins per season. The 1995–96 Chicago Bulls had, at the moment, the best single-season record in NBA history with 72 wins.

1630374561684.gif

Manu’s career average is 13 ppg. He’s not even in consideration.

Vince & Ray are top 30 all time in points. Locks

Mac’s peak was way too short. Zero second round playoff games. I’d be surprised
TMac vs Vince is an interesting debate. Vince has the longevity in his favor.

TMac has 7x All-NBA and 6 top 8 (Used this because 8 was his lowest one) MVP finishes.
Vince only has 2x All-NBA and ZERO top 8 MVP finishes.

They were contemporaries. When they were both at their peaks, TMac was much better. I'm giving more weight to that than longevity.

They expanded it to top 75, so I dont think that list will be that controversial. All they gotta do is add 25 new players since 1997.

If they kept it at top 50 though….

Pop gets added to the coach list

Team list will be interesting because you have Shaq and Kobe Lakers, Spurs and Dubs with multiple seasons but they're not gonna wipe out all those older teams for the sake of representation.

Dion Waiters punching Kyrie in d face wasn't a rumor, it was confirmed iirc. That was when Jarrett Jack and Luol Deng were the vets (also has issues with Kyrie) and had to call a few player's only meetings/interventions about Kyrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom