2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They expanded it to top 75, so I dont think that list will be that controversial. All they gotta do is add 25 new players since 1997.

If they kept it at top 50 though….

This is where the flaw was imminently present when they announced this greatest 75 players of all time stuff. Just because a player originally made the Greatest 50 Players of all-time list, doesn't mean they automatically get to keep their place on the list. 50% more time has passed since the creation the first list. Obviously some players are getting demoted.

Start all over with a brand new list. Here's some of the guys I would eliminate from the OG list. So now, we have 40 open spots. If some of the guys from the cut list still makes, good for them 🤣

Last edited:
This is where the flaw was imminently present when they announced this greatest 75 players of all time stuff. Just because a player originally made the Greatest 50 Players of all-time list, doesn't mean they automatically get to keep their place on the list. 50% more time has passed since the creation the first list. Obviously some players are getting demoted.

Start all over with a brand new list. Here's some of the guys I would eliminate from the OG list. So now, we have 40 open spots. If some of the guys from the cut list still makes, good for them 🤣

Bob Petit is a two time MVP and 10 time NBA first teamer.

The game is hella different now but you aint removing a two time MVP

Bob Petit is a two time MVP and 10 time NBA first teamer.

The game is hella different now but you aint removing a two time MVP

Good points, especially considering he was the first player to get to 20k points. I guess you can make strong argument for him. I'd def remove Walton though.

:emoji_laughing: at some you guys not having Steph on your list. The hate is skrong with some of yall

I started off feeling like this is bullying and they trying ho my boy....a clear set up to ruin the thread today....but the comments lmaooo. Mad people cutting Bron or kd. Curry either starting or closing. Wild.

Idc who starting or closing.

Cut bronze.

Have a tough time with guys that played the majority of their careers in the 50s...After that though, gonna be hard to keep these guys off-

Cowens- 8x All Star, 3x All NBA, 3x All Defense, 2x Champ, 1x MVP

Cunningham- 5x All Star, 4x All NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Champ

Greer- 10x All Star, 7x All NBA, 1x Champ

Lucas- 7x All Star, 5x All NBA, 1x Champ

Amount of All-NBA teams should hold a ton of weight for this exercise, IMO.

Tough to compare players across eras, but dudes making All-NBA like 5+ times were truly special against their competition.

Anyone remember when someone was discussing Sheed’s career an they brought up how he averaged 20 ppg in Atlanta? :lol:
You know what's funny? I remember this vividly because I called him out it at the time which was three years ago :lol: What handle does @ByleBuzma go by now now?
1630420438760.png

1630420572678.png

Honor the old heads but make a new 75 post merger.

yeah old heads got multiple all star appearances but in an 8 league team, it doesn’t feel like a hard decision to make considering a chunk of the league is trash. Only 3 out of 8 teams were over .500 in the 1960 season. Just throw it out.

I've always struggled with holding players from the 40-60's in a high regard. The competition was so poor back then. Compared to players in recent times.

Obviously a D.Wade, KD and Steph are far better players that 3/4 of the players in that era.

Have a tough time with guys that played the majority of their careers in the 50s...After that though, gonna be hard to keep these guys off-

Cowens- 8x All Star, 3x All NBA, 3x All Defense, 2x Champ, 1x MVP

Cunningham- 5x All Star, 4x All NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Champ

Greer- 10x All Star, 7x All NBA, 1x Champ

Lucas- 7x All Star, 5x All NBA, 1x Champ

I guess you would also have to weigh MVP's a little higher as well.

I'm with you..All-NBA selections should hold the most weight. Plus, MVP awards.

Young dolph schayes is a career 38% shooter at 6’8”. Come on mane
He played from 1948-1964. Most of the shots taken back then were close to the basket. C'mon man...this man doesn't deserve to be on this list 😆

Voters for the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (player), Marv Albert (media), Al Attles (team), Red Auerbach (team), Elgin Baylor (team), Dave Bing (player), Larry Bird (team), Marty Blake (team), Fran Blinebury (media), Bill Bradley (player), Hubie Brown (team), Wilt Chamberlain (player), Mitch Chortkoff (media), Bob Cousy (player), Billy Cunningham (team), Chuck Daly (team), David DuPree (media), Wayne Embry (team), Julius Erving (player), Joe Gilmartin (media), Sam Goldaper (media), Alex Hannum (team), Lester Harrison (team), John Havlicek (player), Chick Hearn (media), Red Holzman (team), Phil Jasner (media), Earvin Johnson (player), John Kerr (player), Leonard Koppet (media), Bob Lanier (player), Frank Layden (team), Leonard Lewin (media), Jack McCallum (media), **** McGuire (team), George Mikan (player), Bob Pettit (player), Harvey Pollack (team), Jack Ramsay (team), Willis Reed (team), Oscar Robertson (player), Bill Russell (player), Bob Ryan (media), Dolph Schayes (player), Bill Sharman (player), Gene Shue (team), Isiah Thomas (team), Wes Unseld (team), Peter Vecsey (media), Jerry West (team)

Da fix was in, B.

I guess you would also have to weigh MVP's a little higher as well.

I'm with you..All-NBA selections should hold the most weight. Plus, MVP awards.
Yeah I think MVP shares have to be weighed heavily too. Several years in the top 10 of that, especially once we start getting into the 80s and beyond when there were 20+ teams in the league, means you were damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom