2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voters for the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (player), Marv Albert (media), Al Attles (team), Red Auerbach (team), Elgin Baylor (team), Dave Bing (player), Larry Bird (team), Marty Blake (team), Fran Blinebury (media), Bill Bradley (player), Hubie Brown (team), Wilt Chamberlain (player), Mitch Chortkoff (media), Bob Cousy (player), Billy Cunningham (team), Chuck Daly (team), David DuPree (media), Wayne Embry (team), Julius Erving (player), Joe Gilmartin (media), Sam Goldaper (media), Alex Hannum (team), Lester Harrison (team), John Havlicek (player), Chick Hearn (media), Red Holzman (team), Phil Jasner (media), Earvin Johnson (player), John Kerr (player), Leonard Koppet (media), Bob Lanier (player), Frank Layden (team), Leonard Lewin (media), Jack McCallum (media), **** McGuire (team), George Mikan (player), Bob Pettit (player), Harvey Pollack (team), Jack Ramsay (team), Willis Reed (team), Oscar Robertson (player), Bill Russell (player), Bob Ryan (media), Dolph Schayes (player), Bill Sharman (player), Gene Shue (team), Isiah Thomas (team), Wes Unseld (team), Peter Vecsey (media), Jerry West (team)

Da fix was in, B.

🤣 Well there we go....Now we know how all these old scrubs got in the first place.

I'm telling y'all...screw the OG top 50 list and create a brand new list. A good 15 players is getting eliminated from the OG list.

That's a 30% reduction from a list that has been outdated 50% of time passing since OG list was incepted. It would be insane not to do that, considering so much time has passed.

Yeah I think MVP shares have to be weighed heavily too. Several years in the top 10 of that, especially once we start getting into the 80s and beyond when there were 20+ teams in the league, means you were damn good.

Not to get too deep into the weeds here, but I would also would add Win Shares, and PER as another metric. Minimum career length should also be >10 years.

Bill Walton has NO business being on any list.

🤣 Well there we go....Now we know how all these old scrubs got in the first place.

I'm telling y'all...screw the OG top 50 list and create a brand new list. A good 15 players is getting eliminated from the OG list.
Ehh who was supposed to be in over some of those guys in 1997 though? Schayes played 40 years before that list. Guys like Magic and Bird played 40 years before this one that's about to come out :lol:

Some of those 50s/60s dudes are absolutely getting dropped from this 75 list, but they were probably deserving of the 50 one.

Ehh who was supposed to be in over some of those guys in 1997 though? Schayes played 40 years before that list. Guys like Magic and Bird played 40 years before this one that's about to come out :lol:

Some of those 50s/60s dudes are absolutely getting dropped from this 75 list, but they were probably deserving of the 50 one.

Nah, not saying they shouldn't have been in the list back then in 1996. League started around 1946.

But it's now 2021, and 25 years has passed since they created the greatest 50 players of all time. If 50% of the time has passed since the first list, I'm saying a lot of guys getting cut, and it's going to be mostly these dudes who played from the 40's-60's. We're both saying the same thing.

If you guys aren't following JR Smith on Twitter you need to. Guys been tweeting about his college experience and it's all hilarious.

He got people MAD with this one.

I personally never liked any frat's either. Black or white.

Both tried to get me to join in undergrad wasn't rolling with it.

Bill Walton is essentially the OG Derrick Rose when it comes to overall careers. Was only healthy for the first few years of his career, but during that time won an MVP and was runner-up for another one, and won a championship. Won his second championship at the end of his career as an integral bench piece. Won 6MOTY. Kind of like what current D Rose would be on a contender.

If you guys aren't following JR Smith on Twitter you need to. Guys been tweeting about his college experience and it's all hilarious.

He got people MAD with this one.

I never understood it either. My wife is a delta and her crossing process wasn't bad because the year prior a girl almost died during the process. So they had a ton of eyes on them.

I was invited to join the Q's but I wasn't going to deal with all that stuff.

I remember you telling me about Dolph Schayes after his first game at DeWitt Clinton when he went off for 9 points.

I've followed his career ever since.

Not sure if you’re trolling but I have definitely been one of the few people in here giving Young Dolph his just due

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom