2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
9j402rgkcrk71.jpg

These young pups have no idea how much of a Monster Prime Penny was. Same will be said about President Trump when we get President DeSantis.
I’m always going to be MJ til the day I’m cremated, but we as basketball fans were robbed of Penny’s greatness due to his injuries, I legit thought/knew he was next.

NBA has cultivated a 24/7 news cycle based upon drama and rumors. Rich Paul is just a part of the ecosystem. He’s far from “bad” for the league and its financial interests.

if the rumors are true about Maxey. Then he’s bad for the players. He makes it about politics rather than about the player.
They way he dealt with Noel as well (although a lot of fault is on Noel), never been a fan of Rich.

to stop a player from doing community events because of politics of another player? That’s bad for city too. Rich just cares about himself and his short list of A list clients. Treating Maxey as a negation piece for Simmons when Maxey will clearly get a starting role in a playoff team alongside an MVP candidate. Now you want him gone too in the same package to still play backup for Ben?

that’s just not good.

Ben got some ****ing nerve specifying California like he's making plans with a travel agency
I'd trade his *** to the Buffalo Bills for that if I could get away with it, ****ing bum :lol:

That’s Rich Paul whispering in his ear

A team mishandles a player and damages their relationship with his agent as well as the rest of his clients. That's not a Rich Paul thing, that's a sports agent thing. And I don't even know how serious it is until we hear that maxey also isn't reporting to camp

if the rumors are true about Maxey. Then he’s bad for the players. He makes it about politics rather than about the player.
They way he dealt with Noel as well (although a lot of fault is on Noel), never been a fan of Rich.

to stop a player from doing community events because of politics of another player? That’s bad for city too. Rich just cares about himself and his short list of A list clients. Treating Maxey as a negation piece for Simmons when Maxey will clearly get a starting role in a playoff team alongside an MVP candidate. Now you want him gone too in the same package to still play backup for Ben?

that’s just not good.
Listen, man. We’re a few years removed from Aaron Mintz allegedly screwing over the Lakers with PG because he was upset about another client. This **** happens. There are a lot of egos and guys with power involved.

I’m also not going to believe at face value every rumor about a Black agent who skipped the line and quickly became the most powerful agent in the game. There’s a lot of people who are incentivized to bad mouth him in any way possible. Rich seems like a smart businessman by all accounts — this isn’t smart business. So I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt until more info comes out. The FO could be leaking this because they know Maxey would be a part of a Dame deal too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom