2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okafor was born 20 years too late

His career is a good illustration of the importance (or lack thereof) of post scoring in today’s NBA because that’s the one thing Okafor is quite good at and no team can seem to find much use for him.

Sengun in theory is pretty agile and has good hands in comparison to kanter and Jah

Kanter is an elite rebounder in addition to having the full compliment of post moves and he still can’t stick. So bad to have big men that bad defensively.

Greg Monroe is another post big that washed out. Cost the Sixers vs the Raptors in 2019 because of how putrid he was when Embiid sat.

I remember that. We would go from up 2 to down 10 in a matter of minutes when Monroe is out and Embiid sits

Last edited:
Dude mashes small bigs and feasted on those Ja dump offs. Plus the best pump fake in the league.

joel Embiid enters the pump fake chat

But I agree. Kelce been holding on for the lumbering bigs. Post up bigs won’t ever die. Ayton could have really helped bring it back but they didn’t even try to get him the ball

Going to be interesting to see this year if Jonas can actually compliment Zion or will more often end up getting in his way. I’m leaning toward the latter.

In all seriousness, what’s the logic for the Lakers signing DJ? Depth/injury insurance? Because he’s basically a homeless tent village Dwight now and the Lakers already have Dwight.

In all seriousness, what’s the logic for the Lakers signing DJ? Depth/injury insurance? Because he’s basically a homeless tent village Dwight now and the Lakers already have Dwight.

He's just a depth piece. With signing DJ, I'm assuming that Gasol isn't going to be on the roster next year. DJ will likely be behind AD (who is going to play more minutes at center) and Dwight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom