2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.

That man's third eye is wide open

It's hilarious that a 35-year-old man is learning things that most people learned in high school. 🤣🤣🤣

Good for JR to expand his mind and educate himself but he's putting this information out there like it's profound didn't you just.

"My guy, have you heard of the Tuskegee experiments?! No one ever taught me about this"

I think I tend to underestimate just how uneducated a large percentage of the population is. Things that I assume are common knowledge apparently aren't. It's sad there's so many people stop reading and learning after high school. Good for JR that he's learning these things, even though he's probably 20 years too late

Last edited:
Textbook example of why the one and done rule was nonsense. What would have been the point of sending JR Smith to school for one "check the box year" when now he's back by choice and engaged?

JR Smith didn't go to college at all, he was one of the last players to come straight out of high school into the NBA.

Also, the one-and-done rule had nothing to do with players getting their education. It was a rule instituted by the NBA to give NBA teams wanted better developed players and a larger sample size for evaluating prospects. The goal was never to educate these young people. Most of these top prospects only go to class for one semester, it's not like you're learning much. I remember Ben Simmons saying he didn't even register for classes during the spring because he knew he was declaring.

It's the same reason why the NFL has the rule that you have to wait until 3 years after your high school graduation to declare for the NFL draft. It has nothing to do with players getting their degrees. That rule exists because the NFL wants more developed players entering the NFL

I thought they canceled The Jump :lol:

It appears as if RJ and Cassidy could be co-hosting on the new show similar to Grant Hill and Ledlow on Inside Stuff.

That's the way they made it seem when they signed off today at least.

She said she'll be in LA in studio with RJ starting next week for 2 weeks.

"Bro...you gotta work on your post moves this summer. It's a key part of our offense"

1630717481098.png

:lol:

Listen, I love the jokes as much as anybody.

But I'm disappointed that the same dudes who complain about the First Takes and Rachel Nichols of the world not having any actual basketball analysis on their shows are the same dudes who aren't actually engaging in... basketball analysis. That's not aimed at anyone in particular either. Just making a general observation.

This is exactly Claxton's game:

I understand in today's NBA, bigs have to be able to stretch the defense.

But in my personal opinion, Clax should up his post moves/awareness/footwork before trying to become the next Brook Lopez from the perimeter. That's all I'm saying. Again, that's not to say that he shouldn't work on expanding his shot. But again, with the perimeter heavy offense that the Nets already run, why would they need Clax to shoot more 3s? I just think he can do more damage where he's already doing damage: in the post.

Nets had Bruce Brown as their best post player during the season. And that is NOT hyperbole. Let me repeat that again. Bruce Brown was the Nets most consistent POST PLAYER last season. But you guys are trying to sell me on 6'11 Nic Claxton shooting threes with Kevin Durant, James Harden, Joe Harris, and Kyrie Irving already on the floor. :lol:

:lol:

Listen, I love the jokes as much as anybody.

But I'm disappointed that the same dudes who complain about the First Takes and Rachel Nichols of the world not having any actual basketball analysis on their shows are the same dudes who aren't actually engaging in... basketball analysis. That's not aimed at anyone in particular either. Just making a general observation.

This is exactly Claxton's game:

I understand in today's NBA, bigs have to be able to stretch the defense.

But in my personal opinion, Clax should up his post moves/awareness/footwork before trying to become the next Brook Lopez from the perimeter. That's all I'm saying. Again, that's not to say that he shouldn't work on expanding his shot. But again, with the perimeter heavy offense that the Nets already run, why would they need Clax to shoot more 3s? I just think he can do more damage where he's already doing damage: in the post.

Nets had Bruce Brown as their best post player during the season. And that is NOT hyperbole. Let me repeat that again. Bruce Brown was the Nets most consistent POST PLAYER last season. But you guys are trying to sell me on 6'11 Nic Claxton shooting threes with Kevin Durant, James Harden, Joe Harris, and Kyrie Irving already on the floor. :lol:

roll man =/= post player.

Claxton shouldn’t roll into camp thinking he’s Dirk either. The highlight video you posted is exactly what Claxton is. He’s never getting the ball in the post. Dump off, roll, lob. That’s what he is. And he’s not getting playoff minutes either.
The occasional 3 from him has more value than trying to feed him in the post.

the nets will go to KD or kyrie if they want a post touch.

Sounds like you view Clax moving to more of a John Collins or Wiseman role. Whereas I see him in more of a Time Lord or Mitchell Robinson role.

We shall see how it all plays out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom