2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Listen, I love the jokes as much as anybody.

But I'm disappointed that the same dudes who complain about the First Takes and Rachel Nichols of the world not having any actual basketball analysis on their shows are the same dudes who aren't actually engaging in... basketball analysis. That's not aimed at anyone in particular either. Just making a general observation.

This is exactly Claxton's game:

I understand in today's NBA, bigs have to be able to stretch the defense.

But in my personal opinion, Clax should up his post moves/awareness/footwork before trying to become the next Brook Lopez from the perimeter. That's all I'm saying. Again, that's not to say that he shouldn't work on expanding his shot. But again, with the perimeter heavy offense that the Nets already run, why would they need Clax to shoot more 3s? I just think he can do more damage where he's already doing damage: in the post.

Nets had Bruce Brown as their best post player during the season. And that is NOT hyperbole. Let me repeat that again. Bruce Brown was the Nets most consistent POST PLAYER last season. But you guys are trying to sell me on 6'11 Nic Claxton shooting threes with Kevin Durant, James Harden, Joe Harris, and Kyrie Irving already on the floor. :lol:

Show me a highlight reel of Bruce Brown post moves.

Bro wait til JR learns Lincoln wasn't **** and the emancipation proclamation didn't end slavery.

Hope he gets to learn about critical race theory.

Show me a highlight reel of Bruce Brown post moves.

That's part of my argument. Undersized Bruce Brown was forced to play C for the Nets bc they had a severe lack of depth at that position. DJ got benched. Blake was old and slow and undersized. LMA was decent but dipped before the playoffs started.

Bruce Brown highlights is exactly like Clax highlights last season. Not so much alleys. But mostly putbacks and beasting on the offensive boards. I don't hear anyone saying 6'4/5 Bruce Brown should be out developing his 3 though. :lol:

But 6'11 Clax should?

Nah, not buying it. Especially when the Nets have a huge void at the C position in the post.

They suck at the C position and you guys want 1 of the more productive players on the team at that position to..... abandon the post??

Last edited:
240959923_5050412554987228_815769898697519076_n.jpg

Who do y’all think are the most aesthetically pleasing players? I have two dark horses:

-TMac: love his shot, high jump and the ball didn’t float at all, he’d drive it into the basket. Also would take shots from all types of angles, great handle and dunker.

-Amare: one of my favorite players ever. Very unique player. Incredibly smooth athlete and could finish from all types of angles inside in addition to yamming it on anybody. Both dominant strength and could snake his way to the basket if needed.

STAT will always be one of my favorite players. He along with Penny Hardaway got robbed of all time careers due to injuries but STAT was my guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom