2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
How’d that work out last season, Stan?

200.gif

I don’t know how you can hype up this Lakers roster if you’re old enough to remember those 2003 Lakers, 2012 Lakers or 2013 Nets teams. Jim, Cliff Paul and Dan Tony even had the 2018 Dubs on the ropes.
only reason i’m not throwing the towel yet is cause LA got prime AD

I know people like to poke fun at his injury history (and to an extent what’s said has been true) but last year was an anomaly in terms of missed time.

only reason i’m not throwing the towel yet is cause LA got prime AD

I know people like to poke fun at his injury history (and to an extent what’s said has been true) but last year was an anomaly in terms of missed time.
Lakers really got 3 Robins. What a time

this is setting up for a "clear the air" conversation special like Shaq & Kobe or Durant & Draymond

In retrospect, I don’t think SAS’ sentiment in the clip was that bad. I believe Stephen A is the highest on-air personality at ESPN so he’s of if not THEE top dog. There’s nothing left for him to ascend to. But for someone like Max, I would think he would want a promotion/higher level role at ESPN or FSN after 3 years and definitely after 5.

Now that I think about it, once you’re in one of those TV positions leading your own show there isn’t much more you could do. For example, look at how long PTI and Around The Horn or even the evening/late night hosts. You’re essentially jockeying for your own show at a primetime slot.

It really is funny to see the general perception turn on SAS from what it was 10, 15 years ago. Dude is loved everywhere now.

JJ still an unsigned FA?
Rehabbing from his heel injury, I believe. I'm sure he's holding up for a team like the Nets or 76ers to give him a call.

I'm somewhat surprised a contender or psuedo-contender hasn't inked Avery Bradley. I had my complaints about him and he didn't play well last season, but he was serviceable in 2019-20.

Rehabbing from his heel injury, I believe. I'm sure he's holding up for a team like the Nets or 76ers to give him a call.

I'm somewhat surprised a contender or psuedo-contender hasn't inked Avery Bradley. I had my complaints about him and he didn't play well last season, but he was serviceable in 2019-20.

JJ would seem to make some sense for the Lakers too. If they still have a spot and money left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom