2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
when Benjamin returns as an opponent, where will he rank in Philly's most hated?

I don’t JD Drew coming to Philly as a member of the Cardinals has to be up there. He got drafted by the Phillies, they couldn’t agree to a contract so he went back into the draft the following year and the Cardinals drafted him.

he got batteries and trash bags thrown at him his first game in Philly and I remember it being a big deal at the time. Sucks it won’t be anytime soon, and it’s no guarantee his injury prone *** will even play when the time comes. But I would love to see Carson Wentz return to Philly. Dude got hurt all the time, got a big contract, then demanded a trade because his feelings got hurt.

Season needs to start. Atlanta needs something to cheer for and the Falcons and Braves ain’t it. Tempted to go to the open practice on the 2nd

still don’t know why the Trae Young adidas haven’t dropped, want the peachtrees.

they dropped early for creators on the Adidas App this past weekend…. The cotton candy icee colorway.

JS”

Even if Simmons gets traded is it really a W for him? i get it he wants to be traded but he’s gonna lose a ton of money and could be shipped to minny sac or something

You Paying 33 -40 m yearly next couple of years for 40 percent ft shooting . He’s ranked 35-40 in the nba players list this year

I personally would not but he's a big enough name for a team to take a chance on him.

How have folks swung too far

People saying nobody trading for him or he's going to have to sit out his contract.

He'll be on a new team before opening night.

Even if Simmons gets traded is it really a W for him? i get it he wants to be traded but he’s gonna lose a ton of money and could be shipped to minny sac or something
How is he gonna lose a ton of money. He has a 5 year 150 mill contract. His own business ventures, gaming stuff etc

The NBA is much more of a players league than the NFL in where guys can force their way out and have the leverage of guaranteed contracts. Out of all the leagues, NBA players probably have the most power in terms of players.

That said. Ben Simmons is not that guy. James Harden could hold an organization hostage because he’s still a top 5 to 10 player. That’s not Ben Simmons. And with him publicly saying it’s not his job to improve his trade value. I defenitely don’t see Philly going out their way to accommodate him . It’s one thing if they get the offers they want. They’ll put feelings aside, do business and trade him wherever I’m sure.

But if they’re only getting crap offers. I’m sure it makes more sense to let him miss camp and games and fine him as much you can under the collective bargaining agreement if the offers they’re getting don’t improve the team in the short or long run. If he’s going to go on F you mode, the organization can do the same.

And if this was the NFL. I would likely be on Ben Simmons side given the non guaranteed contracts and cutthroat nature. But it’s hard to feel sympathetic for him here.

Morey played this wrong and it’s all his fault. Dame and Beal were never going to leave. Asking for 10 first round picks was stupid and everybody laughed at him. He should’ve just taken the brogdon deal and called it a day. Now he’s gonna get nothing
No he didn’t. We not about to get bent over backwards because of -name redacted-

passed up a layup because he’s scared of FTs and now his feelings hurt when ppl called him out

let that BAN suffer

Love Benjamin's Confidence. He will need it after he becomes the Australian PM and removes all COVID restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom