2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in those videos Benjamin. Keep doing your thing.

Can’t wait for Sixers fans to turn on that crying bully Joel InBed. Another second round exit incoming. He the real problem. Bad teammate, fake leader.

See that's where your wrong and here's why. Embiid saw he wasn't doing what he needed to do, and he actually worked on his game and got better at a lot of things. He worked on his midrange jump shot, his foul shots, and his footwork. He knew he needed to, to get better and for the team to go father. He showed it this past season as he was a viable MVP candidate (had he not misses the 3 weeks due to the knee, he may have won it).

He understood what it takes to play here. You have to show effort and show that you want to get better. Ben has NEVER been told no in his entire life. He's a total primadona. Remember him in college for LSU? Team could have gone to the NIT, but he didn't feel like it, so they didn't go. If I was his teammate, I would have been pissed!

Did Philly Fans get on Joel? Sure we did. When he was drinking Shirley Temples and wasn't in shape. He even said, having his son, helped really motivate him to strive to be better. And I'd take JoJo over Ben ANY day!

Here's a good summation:

The problem is that Simmons rarely plays up to his full potential on this end of the floor. He often looks very lazy here, not making any effort whatsoever to close out on shooters and avoiding contact and physicality in a very concerning way when challenged by opposing players. He often resorts to swiping down at the ball aimlessly in hopes of generating a steal, instead of getting in a fundamentally sound stance and trying to stop his man from scoring. While the red flags around Simmons' defense were there from the moment he stepped on the floor at the college level, as LSU's season went on, he gradually gave less and less effort here, even in his team's most important games, which raised serious question marks about his competitiveness in NBA circles. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ben-Simmons-61928/ ©DraftExpress

Philly is within reason for not trading him until they get whatever they feel is the best possible deal for them. But at some point they’re going to end up trading him for a not so ideal return. I don’t blame any opposing gm’s for lowballing. Not just because he’s demanding a trade. But who is to say he won’t do the same thing with them if things don’t go his way. Also I’m sure they’re looking at it like he’s been in the league 4 seasons that he’s actively played (was injured in 2016-17). Still hasn’t worked on the jump shot and probably will never care to do so.

Just because you’re a NBA caliber player, it doesn’t mean basketball is your passion to where you’re willing to dedicate the offseason to improving holes in your game. Some guys will put that work in. Others won’t. He’s still a talented player even without a consistent jump shot.

Basketball is ultimately a job to some players and there’s not anything necessarily wrong with that per say. They have natural god given talents and enough skill to get by and can still manage to get a few NBA contracts out of it. It wouldn’t surprise me if even when he does get traded, he still doesn’t put the work in to improve his shooting.

242919238_5123716220990194_3167904761256872381_n.jpg

After Ben is traded the attention will be focused on Tobias contract.

Guys like Tobias, Middleton, CJ etc. are going to get these big deals to be the pseudo second option/third option

Can't be mad at a team for taking that risk and live with what they give you

Also...did Morey ruin Houston? Or did James Harden run CP out of town and force the team to bring his friend in...all going downhill from there?
Still bears some responsibility as GM of the team. Prioritizing your stars stats and fraud coaches gimmicks over building a solid winner for years to come isn't hardens fault.

Also...did Morey ruin Houston? Or did James Harden run CP out of town and force the team to bring his friend in...all going downhill from there?

Morey would’ve been either writing blog boy articles or teaching a college course like Hinkie if it weren’t for the CP3 veto.

The way he’s been heralded because of how well he rubs elbows with the media should be studied.

Presti is another one.

Not saying they are bad GMs.It’s just their perception and how they are spoken about is wild to me.

But I agree. He didn’t ruin Houston. It just ran it’s course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom