2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was the bubble and after the restart and all that, but didn’t the Sixers get swept in the first round without Simmons? I forgot what happened there.
Yea. We was busy playing having Al Horford guard Jaylen Brown and Tobias was looking like a true bum

It has to be the staff or the trainers or someone in that organization that said you are better when you don’t shoot the ball.

You don’t go shooting your whole life to not shooting, unless you play for the Sixers it seems like. They already ruined two careers with this shooting nonsense.
Breh. Even if what you theorize is true, which I don't think it is-- then Ben is fragile mentally and he had a terrible inner circle around him. How you let someone dictate your career like that

Again, he flamed out of two years of Playoffs because of the same issues. Why would Philly staff repeat that he's better when he doesn't shoot :lol: that's a reach

Ben Simmons
Ben Simmons
tempsnip.png

It has to be the staff or the trainers or someone in that organization that said you are better when you don’t shoot the ball.

You don’t go shooting your whole life to not shooting, unless you play for the Sixers it seems like. They already ruined two careers with this shooting nonsense.
No, the goal was to ease into developing his shot. After he missed this “rookie” year and he became the PG, shooting took a backseat especially with what Fultz was supposed to me. The Sixers tried adding multiple shooting coaches, -name redacted- chose to use his brother and we see what’s happened

Fultz and his shoulder was an actual physical injury. This is just someone who isn’t trying. There’s no point in defending him, let it go. He ain’t that nice

It’s a mental thing. Shooting is 90% mental.

But when an entire organization (teammates, staff, etc) uses you as a scapegoat. Has your name in trade rumors all year. Then yea why the **** should you care. This is his lowest point of his entire basketball career and I’m sure a change of scenery will do him wonders. You don’t come back from being **** on all year to being the same exact player.

He’s about to get traded at his lowest value. The Sixers already lost this trade.

He literally said “I had a bad series” and “I need to work on my entire game”, “offensively I wasn’t there”, etc.
That’s the point. This could have been played in 2018, 2019 etc and the context doesn’t change. He hasn’t done anything to improve his game. You can’t say I gotta be better and come back the worse than what you was as a rookie.

Like Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat said, this ain’t something that started overnight. The team gave him ample opportunities to be THAT guy and he did nothing. Got rid of Jimmy, Redick, Fultz, TJ etc guys who Embiid preferred and liked just to appease him and he he’s done nothing to improve

I’m gonna say it again. You guys will turn on Embiid when Ben is gone. It’s a toxic cycle. The culture is terrible there.

Last I recall Jimmy Butler left. JJ Reddick left. Fultz got traded. None if this had to do with Ben Simmons. He’s not THAT guy. Never was. It’s Embiids team from the day he got there.

I’m gonna say it again. You guys will turn on Embiid when Ben is gone. It’s a toxic cycle. The culture is terrible there.

Last I recall Jimmy Butler left. JJ Reddick left. Fultz got traded. None if this had to do with Ben Simmons.
Embiid aint above any of it either. Lot of people on here call him out regularly

Embiid aint above any of it either. Lot of people on here call him out regularly

That’s exactly what I’m saying. Any human who gets all the blame for every single problem that team has, will want to leave. They had no business losing that series if they were as good as they thought they were. They knew the strengths and weakness of Ben Simmons way before that series began. That whole team is just not as good as they think they are. Plus you have your best player ****ting on every teammate whenever he wants, when he himself can’t stay on that court. Nah I don’t roll with that. And I like Embiid as a player a lot. But a lack of good leadership and not a good culture there. Why should Ben want to go back? **** your trade return.

Last I recall Jimmy Butler left. JJ Reddick left. Fultz got traded. None if this had to do with Ben Simmons. He’s not THAT guy. Never was. It’s Embiids team from the day he got there.
Breh. All the moves the team made were literally to help him. What you’re failing to realize is that Embiid is THAT NICE to be able to mesh with these guys. You don’t bring in Al Horford to be a stretch for Embiid, it’s for Outback MCW. Jimmy was brought in to be someone who can play both on and off of that bum, not to feed Embiid

Jimmy was brought in because he was a disgruntled star and the Sixers had the assets (even though the package was terrible at the time). Then he left. If he really liked it there he would’ve stayed.

Fultz got traded because he was a broken player. And when you’re in “win now” mode you can’t wait on someone with broken shooting mechanics to improve. Both sides knew it wasn’t going to work. As far as I know, I see a lot of Sixers fans supportive of him when he plays well in Orlando

What’s the most likely trade that happens? Cleveland for Sexton/Love and some pieces? Does Morey play it out?

I wonder how the NBA handles this in the future. Teams are probably furious about this.

What’s the most likely trade that happens? Cleveland for Sexton/Love and some pieces? Does Morey play it out?

I wonder how the NBA handles this in the future. Teams are probably furious about this.

If they can get Sexton and Love Philly should take it.

Organizations, coaches, teammates should not drive a players trade value further down. Toxic *** culture over there. Hiring Doc made it worse.
I don’t see how anyone looks at this and blames Philly. Ben Simmons is the main reason that Ben Simmons is in this situation. He hasn’t improved his game at all. All the reports are that he’s too stubborn to change and he’s more into the celebrity than the grind. He hasn’t pushed himself out of his comfort zone with respect to his game since he’s been in the league. This isn’t a Doc or Sixers thing.

I don’t see how anyone looks at this and blames Philly. Ben Simmons is the main reason that Ben Simmons is in this situation. He hasn’t improved his game at all. All the reports are that he’s too stubborn to change and he’s more into the celebrity than the grind. He hasn’t pushed himself out of his comfort zone with respect to his game since he’s been in the league. This isn’t a Doc or Sixers thing.

Especially since in that same environment you can see Embiid make improvements to his game every year.

dude what? Do you even know what you’re talking about?

Jimmy left because Brown and Brand not willing to pay him a 5 year max.

JJ left because the Pels gave him a crazy contract by surprise. He would have loved to stay.

Do I really need to explain Fultz?

None if this had to do with culture. This take is so off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom