2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben became the villain with his last 3 playoff game performances and refusing to try to dunk because he was scared of contact/shooting FT's
What I’m saying is everybody was in agreement of trading Ben. Once Ben agreed that he wanted to be traded the vitriol went to another level. How dare he ask for a trade . Maybe not here but Twitter and Reddit are out for blood

So a timeline is
- Morey and co agree to trade ben
- Morey asks ridiculous amounts because he’s a “genius”
- gets laughed off the phone
- Ben agrees to wanting to be traded ( now he’s the evil villain)
-Morey wants Ben back so that he can rehab his trade value
- Ben hardens his heart like pharaoh

Seems to me Morey isn’t as smart as he thinks he is
Nah the *** requested the trade right after he choked away the game

Morey ain’t perfect but I’m not feeding into the demands of a guy who shoots with the wrong hand

Sheed and Marbury are good ones.

TMac is Orlando Magic for me
Shaq is an LA Laker for me
VC a Raptor/Air Canada

That whole organization is fake af. From Morey to Doc to Embiid.

Theyre making Ben the scapegoat for all their problems acting like that one dunk would’ve saved their season. Sure Ben played like **** and is overpaid, but you’re not gonna sit here and **** on a diva player then they want to fly over and shake his hand and make believe everything is gucci. It’s all fake love, and now it bit them in the ***. Ben always had major flaws in his game, and their own organization magnified it and drove his value further down.

This breakup should’ve happened last year when his value was still sky high. Like I said, after he gets traded, and the Sixers still lose in the 1st or 2nd round or w.e there’s gonna be fingers pointed at the next scapegoat. This Trust The Process crap will have a documentary made out of it. Failure written all over it.

Nah the *** requested the trade right after he choked away the game

Morey ain’t perfect but I’m not feeding into the demands of a guy who shoots with the wrong hand
Actually morey met with rich Paul and they all agreed that a change of scenery. This was what everybody wanted. Morey messed it up asking for 5 first round picks and an all star

how you gonna try and fleece teams with an asset at its lowestvalue

either you don’t try to trade him so soon and rehab his image or you lower your price

What I’m saying is everybody was in agreement of trading Ben. Once Ben agreed that he wanted to be traded the vitriol went to another level. How dare he ask for a trade . Maybe not here but Twitter and Reddit are out for blood
Nah fam. What we don’t know is the actual reasons for wanting to be traded. After the Hawks series where HE **** the bed more than anyone else (yes, Doc, Jo and Tobi shared some blame), you can’t say I want out where you’re shortcomings is the reason the series wasn’t over in 5

Idk about y’all but if I’m a “superstar”, I’m not passing up a shot to Maltese ****in Thigh Bull

Depends on what people are upset about. If they're upset because Ben is basically saying he won't play if he isn't traded then I kind of get their criticisms

If he would have just developed his game even a little bit over his professional career he probably wouldn't even be in this position

It's not really Morey's job or anyone's job to rehab his trade value. It's Simmons' responsibility anyway

Actually morey met with rich Paul and they all agreed that a change of scenery. This was what everybody wanted. Morey messed it up asking for 5 first round picks and an all star

how you gonna try and fleece teams with an asset at its lowestvalue

either you don’t try to trade him so soon and rehab his image or you lower your price
Just because Klutch wants a change of scenery doesn’t mean Morey and Co was ready to do all that so soon. I understand the players usually always get their way but this *****. Nah fam

Organizations, coaches, teammates should not drive a players trade value further down. Toxic *** culture over there. Hiring Doc made it worse.

Theyre making Ben the scapegoat for all their problems acting like that one dunk would’ve saved their season. Sure Ben played like **** and is overpaid, but you’re not gonna sit here and **** on a diva player then they want to fly over and shake his hand and make believe everything is gucci. It’s all fake love, and now it bit them in the ***. Ben always had major flaws in his game, and their own organization magnified it and drove his value further down.

This breakup should’ve happened last year when his value was still sky high. Like I said, after he gets traded, and the Sixers still lose in the 1st or 2nd round or w.e there’s gonna be fingers pointed at the next scapegoat. This Trust The Process crap will have a documentary made out of it. Failure written all over it.
Ben not trying to dunk was simply the icing on the cake and the final symptom of the issue

At the root of it is that Ben weirdly won't develop his game. It's been clear for the last two postseasons what he needed to work on. It shouldn't have taken his third post season to finally let the **** hit the fan

EYE mean is this bum actually developed some semblance of a jumpshot, none of this would matter. Yea the Sixers deserve some blame for coddling him but he can’t walk around like as if he’s blameless and that’s the problem. He literally said after the L “I am who I am”. He’s never gonna take accountability for himself and his woes

Forbes:

The Sixers are allowed to fine Simmons for missing Monday's media day and any upcoming practices. Once preseason games begin, they could suspend him for "failing to render services," according to Wojnarowski, which would cost him $227,613 for every game that he sits out.

Unless the Sixers trade Simmons within the next few days, they'll be forced to decide whether to follow through on that. Fining and/or suspending him could further damage their relationship with his agent, Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, but deciding not to penalize him might embolden other stars around the league to attempt similar power plays.

And honestly, why wouldn't the Sixers suspend him? They'd recoup $227,000 every game he misses. $227,000 x 82 games = $18.6M.

Ben not trying to dunk was simply the icing on the cake and the final symptom of the issue

At the root of it is that Ben weirdly won't develop his game. It's been clear for the last two postseasons what he needed to work on. It shouldn't have taken his third post season to finally let the **** hit the fan

Nah he’ll develop his game man. After all this ****ary? He has to. He was shooting at LSU. This is not like he never shot the ball in his life like a Shaq or something.

The problem is they are making him the scapegoat for all their problems. They were the favorites in a 7 game series and they **** the bed. You can’t blame it all on Ben, it’s the easy cop out answer.

Plus your best player rather troll on Twitter than actually be good leader/teammate. He’s not a Kobe to **** on all His teammates and no one bats an eye. Leaders and best players on a team don’t do that. When Ben gets traded, Sixer fans will turn on Embiid too. This window is closed.

Nah he’ll develop his game man. After all this ****ary? He has to. He was shooting at LSU. This is not like he never shot the ball in his life like a Shaq or something.

The problem is they are making him the scapegoat for all their problems. They were the favorites in a 7 game series and they **** the bed. You can’t blame it all on Ben, it’s the easy cop out answer.
He shot three 3's at LSU

Yeah when you get paid like that and play like that... you just might get a lot of back lash. This isn't 1 year of evidence. It's 3 years

Organizations, coaches, teammates should not drive a players trade value further down. Toxic *** culture over there. Hiring Doc made it worse.
Sure this may hurt the Sixers short term but this also damages his reputation. This is why I’m all for the petty. No one is gonna offer anything of substance for you because “YOU AINT THAT NICE”.

Yea he helps in the regular season but I’m a firm believer that the team with still be better without having to worry about if this dude will actually step up

The man hasn’t shot since HS. You confusing him with Bobby Simmons

No one has specifically said he deserves all the blame the problem is that he believes he doesn’t deserve any blame.

The man hasn’t shot since HS. You confusing him with Bobby Simmons

No one has specifically said he deserves all the blame the problem is that he believes he doesn’t deserve any blame.

How do we know he doesn’t believe he deserves any blame? Has he said anything at all besides trade me during this entire mess? Man I wouldn’t want to look at any of my teammates, coaches, staff after the ****ary the Sixers are pulling.

He already got paid a quarter of his salary in August and is getting the next quarter in October. That's half his yearly salary already. :lol:
If he continues to not show up thru say mid January , the fines alone will allow the Sixers to duck the luxury tax

I know it was the bubble and after the restart and all that, but didn’t the Sixers get swept in the first round without Simmons? I forgot what happened there.

If it takes you 6 years into your NBA career as the #1 pick and max player to start shooting... I mean that deserves a lot of criticism

It has to be the staff or the trainers or someone in that organization that said you are better when you don’t shoot the ball.

You don’t go shooting your whole life to not shooting, unless you play for the Sixers it seems like. They already ruined two careers with this shooting nonsense.

How do we know he doesn’t believe he deserves any blame? Has he said anything at all besides trade me during this entire mess? Man I wouldn’t want to look at any of my teammates, coaches, staff after the ****ary the Sixers are pulling.

he pulls up how many assists he had. Talks about Trae shooting. Not once did he mention going to work on his game. “I am who I am”

I know it was the bubble and after the restart and all that, but didn’t the Sixers get swept in the first round without Simmons? I forgot what happened there.

30616090-8510183-image-a-2_1594388951687.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom