2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah bengals need to go and take penei sewell and lockdown that LT spot

and then probably go oline again with their 2nd
Honestly, I don't watch college ball like I use to. Is he a Joe Thomas/Jake Long level prospect?

Honestly, I don't watch college ball like I use to. Is he a Joe Thomas/Jake Long level prospect?

yea he’s pretty much viewed as the best non QB..

pretty sure like jamarr chase and Lawrence, if they were eligible all 3 woulda gone 1st at their positions

micah might not have been the 1st LB.. etienne probably woulda been 1st RB taken

Jimmy G’s contract is what the empire likes to call a Paraag special, meaning that we can wipe our hands free of Jimmy after this season and be good. With the cap going down and Wentz’s contract tho? Not possible. Mullens will lead us to a top 10 pick. And if Shanny and co wanna get one of the top guys I’m confident that the Bengals will be wheeling and dealing as they should.

srs question because im baffled: why are niners fans so eager to get rid of Jimmy? the injuries? he took yall to a super bowl last year, im not seeing the disconnect unless his injuries are career threatening.

srs question because im baffled: why are niners fans so eager to get rid of Jimmy? the injuries? he took yall to a super bowl last year, im not seeing the disconnect unless his injuries are career threatening.
I like Jimmy and wouldn't mind him next year, but the credit for our offensive success goes to Shannahan the same way it did to McVay the year they went to the Super Bowl.

I think most would agree that outside of 2nd halves of Super Bowls Shannahan is a bonafide genius.

Also, take a look around the league. My brother and I were just talking about this... ask yourself if you can name a top tier QB that isn't mobile. They're making these dudes different these days. Seeing dudes run wide open for Jimmy to get sacked cause he couldn't escape or buy a millisecond more of time is sickening.

I just watched Hurts break a tackle, fumble, pick that **** back up and complete a pass for a first and stoppage of clock.

5 flat 40 yard dashes at QB isn't doing it anymore.

I like Jimmy and wouldn't mind him next year, but the credit for our offensive success goes to Shannahan the same way it did to McVay the year they went to the Super Bowl.

I think most would agree that outside of 2nd halves of Super Bowls Shannahan is a bonafide genius.

Also, take a look around the league. My brother and I were just talking about this... ask yourself if you can name a top tier QB that isn't mobile. They're making these dudes different these days. Seeing dudes run wide open for Jimmy to get sacked cause he couldn't escape or buy a millisecond more of time is sickening.

I just watched Hurts break a tackle, fumble, pick that **** back up and complete a pass for a first and stoppage of clock.

5 flat 40 yard dashes at QB isn't doing it anymore.

so its not necessarily that Jimmy is terrible and needs to leave ASAP but yall would rather have an upgrade to a QB who can roll out of the pocket. gotcha, makes sense. Goff can roll out when needed but the O-line gets exposed fairly often and he's good for a bonehead move at least once a game. I just looked up some O-line rankings https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/advanced.htm#ks_passing_detailed_pressure::10 and it looks like that's a major issue too.

ninerspressure.JPG

is the consensus that Shanahan with a slightly better/more mobile/not fragile QB the answer?

Last edited:
Do they not flex Monday Night games?? Why tf are we stuck with Pitt/Cincy!? Do ESPN and The NFL understand Burrow is out for the year?

So who’s gonna finally talk Lincoln Riley into making the jump? Mayfield, Murray, Hurts....

So who’s gonna finally talk Lincoln Riley into making the jump? Mayfield, Murray, Hurts....
If Philly's gonna go all in on Hurts that would be a great look

Not sure when but I definitely think he'll eventually make the jump, probably seeing a dude like Kliff on the verge of making the playoffs and thinking he can do even better :lol:

If Philly's gonna go all in on Hurts that would be a great look

Not sure when but I definitely think he'll eventually make the jump, probably seeing a dude like Kliff on the verge of making the playoffs and thinking he can do even better :lol:

I think Doug May be saving his job though. How about the Chargers?

I think Doug May be saving his job though. How about the Chargers?
Riley with Herbert would be fascinating, hadn't even thought of it.

Mainly of the fact he'd be able to implement all his offensive concepts with someone looking like one of the best rookie QB prospects since Luck. Could be special if he's able to find a way to translate to the pros :lol:

He'd be like their answer to the other Cali coaches in McVay and Shanny.

Riley with Herbert would be fascinating, hadn't even thought of it.

Mainly of the fact he'd be able to implement all his offensive concepts with someone looking like one of the best rookie QB prospects since Luck. Could be special if he's able to find a way to translate to the pros :lol:

He'd be like their answer to the other Cali coaches in McVay and Shanny.

His offense would absolutely translate. The NFL is becoming much of what his offense is, and the early success of his QBs is reflecting that.

If the Jets can’t draft Trevor, do they keep Sam or draft Fields?

I hate everything. casper90403 casper90403 what is your team good for...... frauds.

Dare I say Wilson over Fields. I honestly don't think you can retain Sam. His time in NY is done, it's just the reality of the situation.

Jimmy isn’t a bum to me. He’s a middle of the pack qb you can win games with. But availability is key in the NFL. He only played 3 games in 2018, missed most of this season, and missed games in 2016 when he was the starter in New England when Brady was suspended.

If they keep Jimmy Im fine with it. But they have to address the backup qb position to where they aren’t screwed if he goes down and misses games. If they think their longterm qb of the future is in the draft, I’m fine with them using their pick on a qb as well.

QBs like Jimmy and Carr just seem outdated to me

Hope they prove me wrong but we’ll see
Carr ain't even full statue though. But yeah I completely agree. The only state QB is be interested in is Stafford but he has elite arm talent, so that balances it out.
so its not necessarily that Jimmy is terrible and needs to leave ASAP but yall would rather have an upgrade to a QB who can roll out of the pocket. gotcha, makes sense. Goff can roll out when needed but the O-line gets exposed fairly often and he's good for a bonehead move at least once a game. I just looked up some O-line rankings https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/advanced.htm#ks_passing_detailed_pressure::10 and it looks like that's a major issue too.

ninerspressure.JPG

is the consensus that Shanahan with a slightly better/more mobile/not fragile QB the answer?

Kyle is known to make QBs look better than they are. Got RG3 ROY and Matt Ryan an MVP. Couldn't imagine if he hit on a legit QB in the draft.

Jimmy is also getting paid the big bucks. Can't lie like that's not a factor.

Jimmy isn’t a bum to me. He’s a middle of the pack qb you can win games with. But availability is key in the NFL. He only played 3 games in 2018, missed most of this season, and missed games in 2016 when he was the starter in New England when Brady was suspended.

If they keep Jimmy Im fine with it. But they have to address the backup qb position to where they aren’t screwed if he goes down and misses games. If they think their longterm qb of the future is in the draft, I’m fine with them using their pick on a qb as well.
Completely agree. When healthy he's in that 12-15 range but that rarely happens.

I hate everything. casper90403 casper90403 what is your team good for...... frauds.

Dare I say Wilson over Fields. I honestly don't think you can retain Sam. His time in NY is done, it's just the reality of the situation.
Yeah, I apologize. I wanted Sunshine in NY as much as you guys.

You guys were too physical for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom