2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1612442622594.png

I feel like all the retired QBs woke up the last couple days and decided to have a lot of really ****ty opinions

If you read the full context, there was nothing wrong with what he said and he's probably right. He also sounds like it comes from a spot of jealousy, but that's my conjecture.

"I love Dak's game. I think he's great. I think he shouldn't shoot for the moon (on his next contract)," Palmer said on Shan and RJ. "Being the Dallas Cowboys quarterback, there's a lot that comes with that financially. So, you don't have to be the top-paid quarterback in the league. You can make as much as the top-paid quarterback in the league when you're the Dallas Cowboys quarterback if you do take less. Because, if you win in Dallas, look at today's television networks. You got Troy Aikman (Fox analyst), Jason Witten (former Monday Night Football analyst) and Tony Romo (CBS analyst) all on nationally televised games. Partially, because of their playing careers, but a majority of that is because they played for the Dallas Cowboys. They are a household name. You've seen Dak on tons of commercials and endorsements. You can make that same top-tier money if you're Dak and you take a little bit less, and you keep all the players around you within the salary cap structure."

I see no lies.

Yeah telling someone to take less money to play for a terribly run organization is awful advice considering he has basically been playing for free as a 4th rounder and just suffered what could be a potentially career changing injury.

Yeah telling someone to take less money to play for a terribly run organization is awful advice considering he has basically been playing for free as a 4th rounder and just suffered what could be a potentially career changing injury.

Read again...he literally says Dak should shoot for the moon...he's advocating for Dak.

He doesn't say "take less." He continues just by saying that essentially, even if he doesn't get top tier Q money, being Q for the Cowboys is way more lucrative beyond just the playing contract.

Edit :Nevermind...I read wrong

"Shouldn't "

Jerruh and co had numerous opportunities to lock dak up..

THEY made this situation what it now is.. had no problem locking up zeke

now if someone wanted to bring up the lack of state taxes in texas and talk about getting commitments on spending money on players to support him to win and hiring a legit GM and not hiring a coach because the owner drank Johnny blue with him and spent the night

because if he does win in Dallas, that could be huge.. but Dallas ain’t done a whole lot of winning last 25 years and jerruh is a huge problem with that

I mean I get the endorsements argument and he has certainly had his fair share but I’d take the guaranteed money instead of hoping that endorsements come later to make up for it.

Either way **** the cowboys and their cheap asses. Hope he leaves

Idk if I can sit here and say Dak's national endorsement money would be that different if he played elsewhere. Not in these modern times

Idk if I can sit here and say Dak's national endorsement money would be that different if he played elsewhere. Not in these modern times

I mean he took over the cam Newton spot with danon and the mcnabb spot with Campbel’s soup

i mean emmitt smith got a shot at a tv gig and witten too.. but those ain’t going last long if you ain’t decent enough at it

i mean if he were to win with Dallas, that would be huge.. but that’s a big hurdle with jerruh trying make sure he get credit

I mean in we know what we know about football right now and they paid a LB over a very good CB.. paid their RB early but not their QB

Chunky soup ain't paying him if he plays for the Jaguars.

I dunno man, Mahomes plays in the worst market humanly possible and he seems to do fine, but Dak isn’t Mahomes so you may be right. Watson seems to do pretty well too but Houston is a big *** market.

Ehh, they've had a ton of players from alot of teams though :lol:

I know Dallas is valuable but their brand isn't that far ahead in today's world imo

I'm being facetious, but I don't see Lamar or Watson with high profile endorsements. Only black QBs that do are Mahomes and Russ and both have rings.

Maybe Russ is more just local though...idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom