2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I mean in discussion against Ben Wallace though? Ben Wallace would be unplayable regular and post season in modern basketballl, and himself has 0 moves, routinely airballed free throws. He just played in that 65-68 final score era Eastern Conference

I certainly recognize the handicap that comes with Rudy Gobert in modern playoff basketball. But I draw the line at knocking him for not having “moves”. He’s not in the NBA for that.

His profile has always been rim protector/rim runner. He was a late first round project that developed into someone who provides elite value at those things. Y’all put so much stock into the playoffs on here and he anchored a perennial playoff team. We all know they weren’t there because Donovan Mitchell carried them there.

I hear you, but when you're on a max contract and complain about wanting more offensive touches, what else do you expect to happen? We get on Russ for being out of touch all the time. Rudy is no different.

I don't understand how anybody could still have stock in Rudy at this point. I'm not even sure what yall are arguing besides 'he is what he is'..which is the same thing the detractors are saying

EA1B728D-8DCB-4BD2-8FA0-F95BF2BB8043.gif

I hear you, but when you're on a max contract and complain about wanting more offensive touches, what else do you expect to happen? We get on Russ for being out of touch all the time. Rudy is no different.

I wouldn’t call it complaining, when the guard has tunnel vision and is missing you on lobs/duck ins. Those are just plays smart and good passing basketball teams make. It’s not like he can’t convert those. He’s not really asking for more post ups :lol:.

The Russ comparison is just off. Two totally different situations. We get on Russ because he’s been refusing to do the things that will actually help his team win.

By back to Rudy…Y’all wasn’t f’n with Rudy because the media and other folks told you the Frenchman was a goofy, offensive dud….who “got exposed in the playoffs”. And while there is some truth to the playoff part (I wouldn’t call it exposed). It’s only a small part of the story.

When in reality, he’s one of the better defenders and a good player in this league, who had a ceiling based on his team and his own deficiencies.

The convo around Rudy always strikes me as easy target ****. But it is what it is 🤷🏾‍♂️

NT also overvalues offensive players. Its been the case with guards/wings/etc. If you play offensive regardless if it contributes to winning then NT will root for you.

Defensive players (especially bigs) get a bad rep on here.

But I mean in discussion against Ben Wallace though? Ben Wallace would be unplayable regular and post season in modern basketballl, and himself has 0 moves, routinely airballed free throws. He just played in that 65-68 final score era Eastern Conference
Ben could hit the open mid range and was overall just a bit more fluid on offense than Rudy the robot. But yes today's league underdevelops big men so they don't have to pay them so yeah he likely wouldn't have the same impact in this era

NT also overvalues offensive players. Its been the case with guards/wings/etc. If you play offensive regardless if it contributes to winning then NT will root for you.

Defensive players (especially bigs) get a bad rep on here.

Yeah this isn’t true because everyone will tell you important Draymond is defensively. Whole thread was miring looney because he sitting on switches. Everyone respects Giannis defense. AD too. Time lord was everywhere when he could bend his knees

Rudy just isn’t like that. Throw a guard on the corner and watch him wither away. Put him in pick and roll defense and he’s just gonna drop back. Playoff defense, what’s the difference between him and brook lopez? Him or Capela?

Yeah this isn’t true because everyone will tell you important Draymond is defensively. Whole thread was miring looney because he sitting on switches. Everyone respects Giannis defense. AD too. Time lord was everywhere when he could bend his knees

Rudy just isn’t like that. Throw a guard on the corner and watch him wither away. Put him in pick and roll defense and he’s just gonna drop back. Playoff defense, what’s the difference between him and brook lopez? Him or Capela?

All those guys you mentioned arent like Rudy though. They can play make or score on the perimeter. They have other things going for them than defense.

Also this thread thinks Draymond is a system player and alot of people had the same sentiments Harden had about Giannis.

Rudy an old school center. Isnt DPOY voted on? Clearly the league values him.

Rudy's offense is a bit more detrimental than his defensive limitations come playoff time. If teams can just switch and put their 6'2 pg on Rudy and he can't do anything with that then that's a fatal flaw.

Is that all on Mitchell, Clarkson, Conley, etc. for not getting him the ball in those situations? Partly but I'm betting they would have if they felt he could do something with that supposed man advantage.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom