2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the consensus on the wolves, do they have a suitable defense around him

IMO their perimeter defense projects to be better than Jazz but that's a low bar. Ant to me is already one of the best defenders at his position. But giving minutes to Towns AND Russell against 5 out teams is probably a death nail.

Like, there's only so much you can do when Finney Smith / Batum or the like are the 5 and are occupying Rudy and Luke / Kawhi are playing two man game with Russell and / or Towns.

Is this not on Royce and Bogi for the miscommunication here lol?

Here’s a bigger view. He was guarding dwight. Ain’t like the lakers were playing small and he had to help off the corner. His whole job is to protect the rim against one of the worst finishing guards in the league. Russ ain’t trying Timelord like that.

I wouldn’t call it complaining, when the guard has tunnel vision and is missing you on lobs/duck ins. Those are just plays smart and good passing basketball teams make. It’s not like he can’t convert those. He’s not really asking for more post ups :lol:.

The Russ comparison is just off. Two totally different situations. We get on Russ because he’s been refusing to do the things that will actually help his team win.

By back to Rudy…Y’all wasn’t f’n with Rudy because the media and other folks told you the Frenchman was a goofy, offensive dud….who “got exposed in the playoffs”. And while there is some truth to the playoff part (I wouldn’t call it exposed). It’s only a small part of the story.

When in reality, he’s one of the better defenders and a good player in this league, who had a ceiling based on his team and his own deficiencies.

The convo around Rudy always strikes me as easy target ****. But it is what it is 🤷🏾‍♂️

Naw man. I been trashing Rudy before it was cool. The media didn't plant that idea & there's no media agenda out to get him. A lot of people just see him for what he is. IDC who you are or what your player profile is. You been in the league 9 years on max contract. 40 million dollars. You can't develop anything offensively? That's despicable.

His ability to switch on defense is neutralized by his inability to take advantage of switches on the other end. I watched the Mavs completely shut down Utah's offensive game plan by limiting him as a roll man. & I'm not excusing Spida at all, cause his decision making was horrible, but I can understand why Utah's guards would be apprehensive about passing him the ball. He's a decent player, but that's where it ends with me.

Man Bojan wasn’t always a turnstile. Royce treadmill supposed to be a 3/d guy. Conley has always gave effort. Donovan now he ain’t trying but eye keep reading it’s everyone else’s fault Rudy can’t defend in the playoffs

Rudy Renaissance this season.

AA989499-F88C-4550-9829-15900F1A10F5.gif

Y’all have been warned

I will say this tho. antidope antidope wavycrocket wavycrocket ….

I think Gobert makes the Wolves better…. (as he should, he better!!)

But THAT much better during the playoffs? I don’t see it..

Different game.

Step back for a second. The wolves are nowhere near a contender. But they are a team that is clearly trying to build off of their success last year, and start becoming a consistent playoff team.

A guy like Rudy helps that immediately. It doesn’t raise their ceiling, but it’s another step in the foundation of a team that is now in the next phase of their rebuild process.

You truly get better in the NBA, when you start playing later into the season with more stakes. And that is what the T Wolves are trying to do. Build those habits with Ant & KAT (Especially ANT).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom