2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't a great shot but he would take and make it from time to time. Even hit a three or two if i recall correctly but y'all got it stick with your narratives :lol:

Good points.

I do believe that the owners that benefit from the dubs, clippers etc etc enormous tax bill will vote against that proposal.

The increase in cap space with the new cba should ease that pain a bit. But, not eclipse it altogether. That fact, along with that roster core another year older may bring forth change.

We already know that there will be a disgruntled star somewhere... At this point it's almost a given. Lol

KD again, maybe? That expiring green contract packaged up with maybe wiseman, Wiggins or klay could be in play for KD.

If wiseman turns into a 10reb and 2.5 blk guy, how much do you really need an aging, cantankerous green?

How do you feel about a potential lineup of curry/poole/Wiggins/KD/wiseman?

Or

Curry/poole/klay/KD/Wiseman

???

And keep in mind that Wiggins was the second best player on the team during last year's playoff run.

dont get me aroused like this.. would never happen but they’d put up video game numbers on offense and probably get torched on defense

dray’s contract and value to the warriors vs his value to other teams is a conversation we could all go in circles over. i am curious tho, who needs who more- does dray need the warriors more than they need him to be successful or vice versa?

we’ve seen what happens to the warrior’s defense when dray misses long stretches of time due to injury and it hasn’t been good

NT also overvalues offensive players. Its been the case with guards/wings/etc. If you play offensive regardless if it contributes to winning then NT will root for you.

Defensive players (especially bigs) get a bad rep on here.
We talking like thybulle? Other than that what other examples you got

He will be much better off there, with a willing passer like DLO, and will open up a lot of looks for KAT now that KAT doesn't have to be the primary screener. Rudy Gobert is the best screener in the league and now it will actually bear fruit.

Its not about who's better or the subtleties. Its the fact that they are the same overall archetype of player yet the perception fo the two is so divergent. Its inconsistent. But I am a fan of Rudy Gobert's. Guy deserves a lot more credit than he gets.
That's cool you're a fan but you're bias. It ain't inconsistent. Rudy puts no fear in players. He's the least intimidating shot blocker.

We talking like thybulle? Other than that what other examples you got

Everyone except Sixers fans saw the writing on the wall with Thybulle early.

Its more so the bigs. Al Horford value was seen in the playoffs. Dude was an X factor. Clint Capela anchors the Hawks. Mitchell Robinson on the Knicks was missed in the playoffs. Even JJJ, sure his offense dropped off a cliff but he actually matters.

These guys have legit value. Im sure I'm missing some others.

Paint defense still matters. Not sure what people expected from Rudy or his teams. Those teams were always built as 1-3rd round exits.

dont get me aroused like this.. would never happen but they’d put up video game numbers on offense and probably get torched on defense

dray’s contract and value to the warriors vs his value to other teams is a conversation we could all go in circles over. i am curious tho, who needs who more- does dray need the warriors more than they need him to be successful or vice versa?

we’ve seen what happens to the warrior’s defense when dray misses long stretches of time due to injury and it hasn’t been good
Agreed about dubs numbers when green isn't playing well or absent.

I believe dubs brass secretly hope Wiseman turns into a top level rim protector...

That way, if the right move comes along, the change will be made easier.

Everyone except Sixers fans saw the writing on the wall with Thybulle early.

Its more so the bigs. Al Horford value was seen in the playoffs. Dude was an X factor. Clint Capela anchors the Hawks. Mitchell Robinson on the Knicks was missed in the playoffs. Even JJJ, sure his offense dropped off a cliff but he actually matters.

These guys have legit value. Im sure I'm missing some others.

Paint defense still matters. Not sure what people expected from Rudy or his teams. Those teams were always built as 1-3rd round exits.
Idk

I’ve seen horford and capela both get a lot of support on NT. Jjj started to get some favor back but he’s mostly criticized for not being a true talent shooter

But yeah I mean everyone be getting slandered. Offensive dudes and defensive dudes

Rudy's offense is a bit more detrimental than his defensive limitations come playoff time. If teams can just switch and put their 6'2 pg on Rudy and he can't do anything with that then that's a fatal flaw.

Is that all on Mitchell, Clarkson, Conley, etc. for not getting him the ball in those situations? Partly but I'm betting they would have if they felt he could do something with that supposed man advantage.

IMO

Y’all are exaggerating.

But I’m curiuous. What playoff series did that happen in (6’2 PG pre switching to Rudy in the post, while he calls for touches?). I know you going with Terrance Mann, but he’s not a 6’2 pg at all. I get what you’re saying in theory,. But it’s an exaggeration.

The Jazz with Rudy always had a WCF ceiling at best. They were a found money perennial playoff team….that somehow rebuilt quick by great drafting, great development and coaching.

But It’s really basic. Utah’s guards could not find Rudy. They don’t have that skill, and weren’t willing or trusting. And on Rudy part…Rudy was not an offensive threat outside of what he does well. Rudy playing P&R defense against the best offensive guards in basketball in a 7 game series in the upper rounds is a negative.

It just goes back to the old saying. Great offense beats great defense. More of than not, that happened.

Utah regards also expected Rudy to do everything and cover for them defensively. Let me let my guy blow by me because I know Rudy is in the paint.

Y’all are exaggerating.

But I’m curiuous. What playoff series did that happen in (6’2 PG pre switching to Rudy in the post, while he calls for touches?). I know you going with Terrance Mann, but he’s not a 6’2 pg at all. I get what you’re saying in theory,. But it’s an exaggeration.

The Jazz with Rudy always had a WCF ceiling at best. They were a found money perennial playoff team….that somehow rebuilt quick by great drafting, great development and coaching.

But It’s really basic. Utah’s guards could not find Rudy. They don’t have that skill, and weren’t willing or trusting. And on Rudy part…Rudy was not an offensive threat outside of what he does well. Rudy playing P&R defense against the best offensive guards in basketball in a 7 game series in the upper rounds is a negative.

It just goes back to the old saying. Great offense beats great defense. More of than not, that happened.

No the Clippers were willingly switching Reggie Jackson onto Rudy in that series and Dallas was also switching their guards and smalls onto Rudy in Pick and Roll scenarios.

I may have to rewatch but I swear that happened, on quite a few occasions. I could be misremembering though.

Last edited:
Jazz should've made the WCF in 2021. What a chokejob.

Bad personnel decisions really upended their ceiling.

Yeah his defense honestly is 'fine' come playoff time and would look better with more competent defenders around him.

Team defense doesnt win games now? Its like all the blame for all of Utahs problems is being put on Rudy.

Team defense doesnt win games now? Its like all the blame for all of Utahs problems is being put on Rudy.
All the blame shouldn’t go on anyone. I’ve been saying it forever and wavy just said the same thing: they squeezed as much juice outta that core as they could

Getting to the playoffs is one thing and certainly something to hang your hat on. Once you’re there it’s just what’s gonna define you as a max player right or wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom