2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Denver would have just kept Cousins instead of getting Jordan I would say they had been flawless

As is, if Murray is healthy they'll be contenders

Gordon will go back to playing a proper role and Porter at this point is just their wild card

as I was reading this tweet, the quote about KD being one of the biggest trade assets ever really stuck out to me. Is Kevin Durant a bigger trade asset than Anthony Davis was in 2019? Will KD get a bigger trade package in return than New Orleans God for Anthony Davis?

In 2019, Anthony Davis was 25 years old coming off of back-to-back 1st team all NBA seasons (remember that he didn't make al NBA in 2019 because New Orleans said him after he demanded the trade).

Contrast that with KD who is going to be 34 going into year 15 when the season starts and, In my opinion, has shown that he's slowing down physically.

The big difference is the contract situation, AD was going into the final year of his contract and KD has 4 years remaining (although honoring contracts it doesn't mean much anymore)

House (minimum), Rubio, Brown and Ingles all signed for the 6.5 exception

I'm going to assume Dallas had no chance at signing them... but... McGee taking that slot... it kind of hurts seeing those other guys getting the same damb thing :smh:

Not to mention Drummond got the minimum... and Cousins still out there...

Nets( for obvious reasons), and the Celtics really not doing anything
Cs only have the TMLE (most guys have gone for more other than Bruce Brown). Probably waiting for the KD chip to fall before doing anything with the Fournier TPE. They're in a good position to absorb someone's unwanted contract to facilitate a trade there.

man looking at the available players and who can actually be traded to the Nets, maybe it's best for KD and the Nets to kiss and make up....(and move Kyrie :lol:)

as I was reading this tweet, the quote about KD being one of the biggest trade assets ever really stuck out to me. Is Kevin Durant a bigger trade asset than Anthony Davis was in 2019? Will KD get a bigger trade package in return than New Orleans God for Anthony Davis?

In 2019, Anthony Davis was 25 years old coming off of back-to-back 1st team all NBA seasons (remember that he didn't make al NBA in 2019 because New Orleans said him after he demanded the trade).

Contrast that with KD who is going to be 34 going into year 15 when the season starts and, In my opinion, has shown that he's slowing down physically.

The big difference is the contract situation, AD was going into the final year of his contract and KD has 4 years remaining (although honoring contracts it doesn't mean much anymore)

1_-Y-qkeHma0yj4XzviZalDA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom