2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think Masai is just kicking the tires on a potential KD trade to gauge their asking price and will instead see what it would take to get Simmons. I feel like there’s a reason Fred hasn’t been officially extended yet while all the other moves have been done within the first 24 hours of FA.

I really think Masai is just kicking the tires on a potential KD trade to gauge their asking price and will instead see what it would take to get Simmons. I feel like there’s a reason Fred hasn’t been officially extended yet while all the other moves have been done within the first 24 hours of FA.

Not sure why the raptors would be interested in simmons. He doesn’t make them better. Scottie >>> Ben

It’s worth trading for KD if you already have the pieces in place to where adding him gives you a legit window to win a title over the next few seasons/remainder of his contract. Or if you want that legit superstar talent which is good for your bottom line and potentially increases the value of your franchise in the process.

But if you have the pieces in places already to where Kevin Durant can potentially put you over the top. You say F those picks, make the move and be a title contending team the next few seasons to where those picks end up being late first rounders.

As for the player/employee dynamic. The average NBA career isn’t that long. The overwhelming majority of these guys are going to get traded and bounced around the league in some capacity. It’s business and fair game. There’s a select few guys who have the leverage to dictate things on their terms and have the control over their careers which others don’t. It’s business and fair game as well. Same way it’s fair game when these organizations kick the players who had them by the balls in their prime to the curb the minute their play declines and they aren’t worth the headaches no more. Point being, maximize your leverage when you can. Because when you don’t have it, your employer is going to utilize their leverage.

As for the CBA stuff. The NBAPA is much more powerful than the NFLPA. If the owners were to put their foot down next time the CBA is up, the players collectively are more organized and have the means to hold firm on their end to where **** would likely get dragged out compared to the NFL where in the past the NFLPA has folded so fast when the prospect of losing checks became a legit possibility.

Whatever moves the Nets make, they absolutely have to stay competitive. Their future is toast, so you gotta atleast try to have a roster that can make the playoffs.

1. Multi team trade that gets them Mitchell w/ Ayton to Utah
2. Package around Siakam + OG/Barnes

No incentive for the NBAPA to give up what they already have.

Owners fault for giving in previously. Hard to take away things they already have.

Not sure why the raptors would be interested in simmons. He doesn’t make them better. Scottie >>> Ben
They’ve been linked to Simmons in the past and his contract is holding back the Nets from receiving better compensation for KD.

This is all my speculation but a deal of Fred, salary filler and a pick would be what I’d offer. In theory adding Simmons to the raptors lineup would give teams hell on the defensive end.

They’ve been linked to Simmons in the past and his contract is holding back the Nets from receiving better compensation for KD.

This is all my speculation but a deal of Fred, salary filler and a pick would be what I’d offer. In theory adding Simmons to the raptors lineup would give teams hell on the defensive end.

Adding simmons doesn’t answer the question of them not having a legit go-to guy down the stretch in the playoffs. You can’t defend your way through the playoffs

If Im thr NETS .. Ill ask for for 5 unprotected picks for each Kyrie and KD and rebuild **** it.
Kyrie ain’t getting two unprotected picks

But yeah I agree, then build Simmons value for a year as the lone “star” and trade him too

Last edited:
Adding simmons doesn’t answer the question of them not having a legit go-to guy down the stretch in the playoffs. You can’t defend your way through the playoffs
The onus would be on Siakam and hopefully Barnes eventually taking that role down the line. But I think the raptors are a few seasons away from serious contender status which is why a KD trade doesn’t make sense to me.

Which is why KD to Philly is the best move.

Don’t need to give up Embiid or Harden, already got the salary matching with Harris/Thybulle, get a young gun with star potential who can contribute asap

• Haha
Reactions: DLF
What does kd think his value is or is he thinking the nets will give him away for scraps. The team he wants to go to will have to gut their roster to land him.

He should have just risked it and signed short term deal to begin with. Nets let him rehab while inking him to a long term deal. Both parties responsible for this mess.

Father time never caught up to Jordan... he retired on top with a championship...His ego got to him thinking he can still play at age 38 and joined a garbage wizards team for no reason lol... when Jordan went there nobody assumed he was going to compete for anything
Fixed. We don't get to pretend that didn't happen. If the Wizards would have won the championship, would Jordan Stans have said "That's nice the Wizards won but let's be real, it's not because of Jordan"? Absolutely NOT. 😂 Every single Jordan Stan would have been like "He just led ANOTHER team to a championship, after they were garbage. GOAT!!!"

Yeah, the Wizards days count.

-foe

This is 100% true ...

Up until the late 90's it was in Boston. Now it's like any other city where gentrification has pretty much taken over and most neighborhoods are like melting pots, which can be good and bad. I have no idea about Milwaukee though.

Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom