2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention, you're using real resources on a player who (at least at the moment it appears) will not be in the Clippers playoff rotation.

It's a gamble. Clips have done outstanding with Nico, Reggie on the reclamation side of things but idk, older guards who rely on athleticism who can't shoot? I was always down for Wall for the vet min but this? Ehhh.

Right when Kawhi tore his ACL, he and PG had figured it out. Cracking the Mavs and Jazz skulls wide open. Reggie provides jusssttt enough downhill juice while being a fantastic CAS guy. They looked their best when this dynamic was at work

I agree however cracking the jazz isn’t saying anything.

is Batum going to be available? didn't he opt out?
Mann needs to take the extra step in his gm. thought he was going to this season, but he wasn't as consistent. the kid plays hard, would like to see him more aggressive offensively

If it’s anything other than the minimum, I don’t like it.

You definitively close the door on Hartenstein. Of course it’s possible he’s gets a great offer & you lose him anyway. But even looking beyond that, when it’s time to win a title Kawhi/PG will be on the ball for 40 minutes & Wall has never been asked to play 2 guard in his life. His jumper still needs work & he doesn’t cut or do anything off the ball.

Tall order asking him to learn a new position for a title contender when he’s barely played recently.

I’m a clips fan again. Wall adaptable. Stubborn, but adaptable.

Let’s go

Also, the year before they def stalled out offensively in the Playoffs. It got hella ugly
Don’t think a set up guy was going to help that though. PG was mentally cooked and the nuggets figured Kawhi out. Offenses tend to stall when guys take turns and your best 2 players can’t really play off each other. EYE said this in 2020 five years ago

Rudy Gobert is a dream come true from Kawhi/PG and Mann

Took the Suns to 6 without Kawhi, and that series was truly up in the air when Kawhi blew his knee out.

Idk, they've had rough moments together offensively, in the bubble in particular, but it hasn't really been that bad, and we've gotten glimpses of what it can be. I don't think that was the offense stalling or them not meshing, they simply weren't good enough the back end of that Nuggets series in the bubble.

so, Incomplete. Time will tell.

Don’t think a set up guy was going to help that though. PG was mentally cooked and the nuggets figured Kawhi out. Offenses tend to stall when guys take turns and your best 2 players can’t really play off each other. EYE said this in 2020 five years ago
also Doc Rivers made no adjustments
Lue been a blessing for the Clips

John Wall playing in the Brypto?

Clippers will be an interesting watch if they ever get healthy

I dont think Mann stays, might be time to shop him. We need a big if Hart is gone. Batum? Morris? They may need to part ways with them too. Im cool with Covington and Hart and letting Batum/Morris go.

Do you need a big in the west?

Jokic going to cook you regardless. KAT shooting 3s. JJJ is useless inside the arc. Suns rocking with low budget centers. Draymond. Mavs don’t have a big. Gobert is food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom