2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back 2010, there was no online coding videos and classes as there are now. Ain’t no way you learning computer engineering without college back then.

This is another really good point (about the online classes). I definitely recommend free online classes and utilizing tuition reimbursement (if the company offers it) for specialized certificates to all my mentees. There is free (or subsidized) access to information and knowledge about damn near everything you could want online these days. Now I am not saying it will make you a subject matter expert but you can actually use them to pick up knowledge about your current job or learn more about an area that you may have any to pivot to but don’t have the background in. On top of that, you can point to them as differentiators or boosters when interviewing and they show initiative too.

I wish I could have seen this sooner...

Man's gotta be the worst at everything for a high caliber player.

I was not surprised when he said at his jersey retirement, he never hired a trainer. Just him and a homeboy from back home, worked out occasionally.

I was not surprised when he said at his jersey retirement, he never hired a trainer. Just him and a homeboy from back home, worked out occasionally.

All jokes aside, this PP story is incredible

Doesn’t make him slander proof but that is impressive as hell. Most people aren’t even returning to the office/a desk job that fast after similar and he put up 25/6 playing 38MPG over all 82 :wow:

What team do you root for? And would you hitch your wagon on to him to be a max player for the next 6 yrs?
I’d hitch my wagon to whatever Steph says that he wants in terms of the team, if Steph and Klay say “keep the core together” I’m opening the checkbook.

"Lotion"
original (1).gif

Now Thunder shooting coach, Chip Engelland, talking with Nick of bbbd about how he fixed Kawhi's shot. He seems very turned off by Nick as most people do. But anyways, the precursor to turning Giddey into a 42% 3pt shooter by 2024 along with leading the NBA in assists (and maybe tos as he's admittedly kind of wreckless with the passes)

The Psychology of Money. It's moreso about building good financial habits but that point is too real.
Just bought that book off eBay, should be arriving next week. Heard a ton of good stuff about it plus it kept popping up on my Instagram feed.

Had a ton of down time due to my hip injury but read a ton of books over the last two months. Resuming work tomorrow but I feel like I have a renewed focus again and I need to put that to action.

Just bought that book off eBay, should be arriving next week. Heard a ton of good stuff about it plus it kept popping up on my Instagram feed.

Had a ton of down time due to my hip injury but read a ton of books over the last two months. Resuming work tomorrow but I feel like I have a renewed focus again and I need to put that to action.
Good luck on your first day byke tomorrow pleighboi :nthat:

And hopefully this renewed focus will keep you from fumbling yambs in spectacular fashion :nerd:

College is a joke for a lot of people. When I was in high school they were heavy on the “if you don’t go to college you won’t be sh*t in life”. So I had a part time job and went to the University of Illinois majoring in Sociology. I was sold on me being an HR rep for companies and blah blah blah. Got my bachelors and none of the jobs came calling like they promised. Found out I needed a masters degree which I wasn’t up for doing. Kept my sales rep job for a while until the team fell apart and then moved to construction making twice what I would’ve made with my sociology degree.

The key to making college work is going into a major that has a good job outlook but they never tell you that. There’s way too many people getting themselves in $100k+ worth of debt majoring in useless things like fingerpainting, dance, and ish like that with no job market. Sure you may have a passion for them but that passion doesn’t pay the bills when it comes time to pay them loans back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom