2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the title of this book?
The Psychology of Money. It's moreso about building good financial habits but that point is too real.

Like why do we ask five year Olds what they want to be? They don't know, stop asking them. They wanna watch Paw Patrol. I didn't know what I wanted to be at 18, matter fact I still don't know now but at 18 I had to pigeon hole myself into something it's all stupid.

Jimmy Butler got the Demarre Carroll

Why is he wearing hair extensions though?

Last edited:

y25iny3c38e91.jpg

4sm5xa04uxd91.jpg

The craziest thing to me is that you’re making me choose my career as an 18 year old. I don’t think I know anyone personally who works in the field they studied :lol:

I’m in the 27% but looking back, I should have just went to barber school :lol:
Fam I majored in P.E (I tell people kinesiology sometimes but I think it's literally called Bachelor of Science of Health/PE Studies) and still took 6 yrs to graduate because I'd wake up everybody knowing I'm failing most of my classes and still make the decision to go to the student union and hoop. Luckily, at the time, Cameron University was SUPER cheap literally $100 a credit hr so a semester would run you like $1200 or so with a full courseload plus books and they always had hella extra money at the department they'd literally call you and tell you come pick up a $1500 check at the department. Sheeyit, be there in a second.

But now seeing these same low earning potential degrees at regular *** schools costing 50k+ a semester I'm like man they're killing kids. I'd recommend everyone just do that **** online and/or the cheapest Community College that exists in your area then transfer to Big State U after your first 2 years with a scholarship but idk if they even do that like they did in the early 00s when I was in school. Even Bob University hitting for 60k a semester then you got the out of state vs in state tuition scam. They'd never get an 18 yr old with no job or credit history a 100k loan for a house or car, but you can sign up for infinity million dollars school loan debt which can't even be vacated by bankruptcy and is going to lead you to a 40k job when you get out if you're lucky where your boss could be a classmate of your's from high school who went into the field the same time and has 4 yrs of experience on you because you were in school or the Boss's ****bag nephew who knows/does nothing but makes 100k because his Uncle owns the company

Fam I majored in P.E (I tell people kinesiology sometimes but I think it's literally called Bachelor of Science of Health/PE Studies) and still took 6 yrs to graduate because I'd wake up everybody knowing I'm failing most of my classes and still make the decision to go to the student union and hoop. Luckily, at the time, Cameron University was SUPER cheap literally $100 a credit hr so a semester would run you like $1200 or so with a full courseload plus books and they always had hella extra money at the department they'd literally call you and tell you come pick up a $1500 check at the department. Sheeyit, be there in a second.

But now seeing these same low earning potential degrees at regular *** schools costing 50k+ a semester I'm like man they're killing kids. I'd recommend everyone just do that **** online and/or the cheapest Community College that exists in your area then transfer to Big State U after your first 2 years with a scholarship but idk if they even do that like they did in the early 00s when I was in school. Even Bob University hitting for 60k a semester then you got the out of state vs in state tuition scam. They'd never get an 18 yr old with no job or credit history a 100k loan for a house or car, but you can sign up for infinity million dollars school loan debt which can't even be vacated by bankruptcy and is going to lead you to a 40k job when you get out if you're lucky where your boss could be a classmate of your's from high school who went into the field the same time and has 4 yrs of experience on you because you were in school or the Boss's ****bag nephew who knows/does nothing but makes 100k because his Uncle owns the company

Yeah I regret not taking all those prerequisites at a community college. I didn't even really know what I wanted to major in until halfway through sophomore year :lol:

The craziest thing to me is that you’re making me choose my career as an 18 year old. I don’t think I know anyone personally who works in the field they studied :lol:

Not only do you have to choose a career path as a teenager, you supposed to keep paying for that choice decades later regardless what happens :lol: :smh:

Can’t walk in the store and cop a bottle or rent a car but they quick to throw you $60k to go be an art teacher

The Psychology of Money. It's moreso about building good financial habits but that point is too real.

Like why do we ask five year Olds what they want to be? They don't know, stop asking them. They wanna watch Paw Patrol. I didn't know what I wanted to be at 18, matter fact I still don't know now but at 18 I had to pigeon hole myself into something it's all stupid.

The bolded has always irked the hell out of me. It is beyond reckless and predatory. I feel like at the very least you should be required to provide a detailed essay on how exactly you plan to pay off your loan before it’s approved. Then maybe folks would realize that six figure debt isn’t such a wise idea when research shows their field isn’t that lucrative or that they will struggle to get a job upon graduation.

Kind of crazy how easy it is to get swindled by these scams because they are positively promoted in American culture as “living the dream” :smh: |l

I owe Sallie Mae and them like 15k because I decided to try Grad school online for a few semesters. Its just the principal, even if I had it I feel like I won't pay it. University of San Diego and Sallie Mae can see these hands.

Basically chose a major out of necessity junior year since I didn't get into the business school at UMD. Pretty much have to get perfect grades as freshman/soph if you aren't accepted into it out of high school. I didn't.

The community college --> bigger school route is definitely the one that makes financial sense if college is what you want to do.

My first 2 years at UMD were essentially pointless from an academic perspective. Had a lot of fun though :lol:

Yea the required non major related courses are another big scam…I did the bs classes my 1st couple years and ended up transferring, but at the new school they STILL made me take irrelevant classes when I shoulda been right in my major…Was 21 sitting in film history lectures with the freshman :lol: :smh:

I’m definitely keeping the same major but if I could do the HS to college transition again I would’ve did the 2 years at CC to transfer to a public state college and have the tuition be covered 100%

Probably would’ve took filming and photography more seriously if I didn’t have to pay 4x as much for English and anthropology gen Ed classes

I’m definitely keeping the same major but if I could do the HS to college transition again I would’ve did the 2 years at CC to transfer to a public state college and have the tuition be covered 100%

Probably would’ve took filming and photography more seriously if I didn’t have to pay 4x as much for English and anthropology gen Ed classes
I was a double major in English and Anthropology. :lol:

The bolded has always irked the hell out of me. It is beyond reckless and predatory. I feel like at the very least you should be required to provide a detailed essay on how exactly you plan to pay off your loan before it’s approved. Then maybe folks would realize that six figure debt isn’t such a wise idea when research shows their field isn’t that lucrative or that they will struggle to get a job upon graduation.

Kind of crazy how easy it is to get swindled by these scams because they are positively promoted in American culture as “living the dream” :smh: |l
And on top of those loan programs - at least when I was going to school - there was always credit card companies on campus pushing kids to sign up for cards. Knew a guy at UCSB who maxed out two cards the first quarter buying a new computer set and stereo. I'm sure his story is not particularly unique.

Let's be real... You needed zero years at any type of college for these joints :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom