2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t know Bunny was doing ALL that in the ring.

Dude could seriously get hurt. He needs to chill. :lol:

I know some don’t like Inside but this good news

He is entertaining but the fact that he gets paid $10MM for that gig and he doesn’t even watch the games is elite finessing. When their deals are up in three years, Turner needs to put an “Independent Study” clause in his and Shaq’s next contract like Arizona tried to do Kyler Murray :lol:

People really mad about this Liv Golf thing.... It's golf I feel like you should have expected that the people who are into this sport would do something like this.

I know some don’t like Inside but this good news

He is entertaining but the fact that he gets paid $10MM for that gig and he doesn’t even watch the games is elite finessing. When their deals are up in three years, Turner needs to put an “Independent Study” clause in his and Shaq’s next contract like Arizona tried to do Kyler Murray :lol:

I’m thinking LIV felt like they got the necessary publicity they were looking for with just the dalliance with Chuck and didn’t think throwing him a huge bag was worth it.

Regardless, it’s best for all involved.

I’m thinking LIV felt like they got the necessary publicity they were looking for with just the dalliance with Chuck and didn’t think throwing him a huge bag was worth it.

Yea he was on Dan Patrick this week and he basically said he was only leaving if they threw a ton of money his way. I guess he didn’t like the number lol

I honestly don't know what is the point with the LIV Golf thing generally.

Unless they land the next Tiger Woods, seems like at some point the Saudis will stop spending on this project.

Yea he was on Dan Patrick this week and he basically said he was only leaving if they threw a ton of money his way. I guess he didn’t like the number lol

I honestly don't know what is the point with the LIV Golf thing generally.

Unless they land the next Tiger Woods, seems like at some point the Saudis will stop spending on this project.

He didn’t phrase his refusal that way but I could see him doing that in an attempt to save face :lol: The only other thing about Chuck in particular is that they thought bringing him in MIGHT help them secure a TV deal in the US, which they currently don’t have.

Call me a terrorist or “bad American” but a group of predominantly, if not all, white millionaires choosing to play golf in an association backed by a Saudi investment firm is not something that rustles my Jimmies one bit 🤷‍♂️

People really mad about this Liv Golf thing.... It's golf I feel like you should have expected that the people who are into this sport would do something like this.
It's kinda like if North Korea was sponsoring the XFL, but giving players 3x the salary AND making contracts fully guaranteed. You'd be skeptical in taking the money, but you also aren't turning it down.

Also if the PGA Tour wasn't so elitist maybe more would support them, but no one feels bad for them.

Charles talking about how he was maybe done with TNT and all the hoopla about a year ago… ima hope he knew he was going to be offered and LIV had reached out by then and he leveraged it.

Nba taking chinese money without hesitation :emoji_shrug:

Wonder what Chuck price was. Seemed like he has been hinting at retirement for some time

He didn’t phrase his refusal that way but I could see him doing that in an attempt to save face :lol: The only other thing about Chuck in particular is that they thought bringing him in MIGHT help them secure a TV deal in the US, which they currently don’t have.

Call me a terrorist or “bad American” but a group of predominantly, if not all, white millionaires choosing to play golf in an association backed by a Saudi investment firm is not something that rustles my Jimmies one bit 🤷‍♂️
The PGA Tour doesn't really care that much about where the money is going

It is because it is a threat to them, so they have to whip up a moral panic about it to kill it early. Most of these dudes are Trump-supporting conservatives. Let them fight.

I used to watch a ton of golf when Tiger was popping, but now I only watch the majors. And those are not run by the PGA Tour anyway.

Don't think losing a few players gonna hurt the Ryder Cup either.

Charles talking about how he was maybe done with TNT and all the hoopla about a year ago… ima hope he knew he was going to be offered and LIV had reached out by then and he leveraged it.

According to him, he has not talked to Turner throughout all this so it was not a contract leverage situation. His deal is up in three years (coincidentally when Turner’s deal is up with the NBA) and he is talking about actually retiring then because he is old and wants to enjoy life….which makes sense (he’ll be 62 then). He also makes another $10MM in endorsements so he would be still be good even if Turner cut him loose last year or now but they would never do that without great cause IMO.

That has to be one of the best setups (Inside + Couple commercials) for a 60-year old tbh.

I don’t care at all.

The Saudis may openly be the backers of the LIV tour, but you can’t tell me that with all the money they have, that they’re not invested in a lot of things most people use every day. So whatever if they want to bankroll the Arena Football version of golf.

Of the top players, how many has liv signed? Dont follow golf.

83F1CF80-7687-496C-BF83-0C4A4B6BB7CD.jpeg

This is the CEO of LIV Golf, who was on the PGA tour forever. Notoriously has a huge crank, tons of respect 🫡

LIV has:

Dustin Johnson
Brooks Koepka
Phil Mickelson
Bryson DeChambeau
Sergio Garcia
Talor Gooch
Paul Casey
Abraham Ancer
Kevin Na
Louis Oosthuizen
Ian Poulter
Patrick Reed
Lee Westwood
Henrik Stenson

All these people can play all 4 of the Majors (The Masters, US Open, The British Open, PGA Championship) because those aren’t run by the PGA Tour, but they cannot play in any other golf events/tournaments the whole year.

LIV threw a big bag at Tiger and he turned it down. But he’s way richer than most other golfers already.

Your golf lessons bout to start…you going to get the LIV bag after two months :nerd:
If I had the time to play like that I would become a scratch golfer. I know scratch golfers. Them being that good at golf let's me know it can't be THAT hard. If Donald Trump can't still do it, it's not a sport.

Golf more than any sport is a war of attrition.

If I had the time to play like that I would become a scratch golfer. I know scratch golfers. Them being that good at golf let's me know it can't be THAT hard. If Donald Trump can't still do it, it's not a sport.

Golf more than any sport is a war of attrition.
You are gonna make a damn fool of yourself a golf course one day

Guaranteed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom