2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
aepps20 aepps20 you cop them true patriot lebron 3's this week?
20220730_063323.png

Yes I did. Goes well with my red hat.

Nick-Sandmann-Protest-Video-1.jpg

THEY tried to cancel antidope antidope and he caved? :smh:
I hope not, that's soft. Y'all gotta stop crying for these people that have controversial opinions then all it takes is a question or joke to run them off :lol: . Like what did they think it was going to be, everyone saying "great show ol chap, well done, convo over".

They didn't consult you before jumping into ****, chest puffed out.

Most people were just having fun with it anyways.

I hope not, that's soft. Y'all gotta stop crying for these people that have controversial opinions then all it takes is a question or joke to run them off :lol: . Like what did they think it was going to be, everyone saying "great show ol chap, well done, convo over".

They didn't consult you before jumping into ****, chest puffed out.

Most people were just having fun with it anyways.
antidope antidope gotta dial it back a little though

He can't go buck wild on every off-topic discussion because then it loses its comedic impact

Like one day we might start talking about climbing Mount Everest, and Anti gonna come in here like "We are we celebrating this, it is just hiking. There is a hill near my house and I have to walk up it all winter to get home, you don't see me celebrating every time I reach the top". And people gonna just scroll past it because they expect the tomfoolery.

Anti been hitting the Nos button on his takes all summer. He gotta pace himself

Charge that next flippant hot take like it is a spirit bomb

He can't go buck wild on every off-topic discussion because then it loses its comedic impact

Like one day we might start talking about climbing Mount Everest, and Anti gonna come in here like "We are we celebrating this, it is just hiking. There is a hill near my house and I have to walk up it all winter to get home, you don't see me celebrating every time I reach the top". And people gonna just scroll past it because they expect the tomfoolery.

:lol: He doesn't even have to do ****, in the very least don't hit the NOS and say "I hope this doesn't go fast".

I skip those kinda posts mostly because he might have a rational point to make, but he'll intentionally start it in the most attention grabbing way possible then leave out the details till the end to make you look crazy. Something like

"****** should die"
---5 pages of back and forth later

"Wow, I'm under attack for simply saying we should no longer use the N word but you got a guy that posts memes"

That's that Twitter ****, that's annoying.

:lol: He doesn't even have to do ****, in the very least don't hit the NOS and say "I hope this doesn't go fast".

I skip those kinda posts mostly because he might have a rational point to make, but he'll intentionally start it in the most attention grabbing way possible then leave out the details till the end to make you look crazy. Something like

"****** should die"
---5 pages of back and forth later

"Wow, I'm under attack for simply saying we should no longer use the N word but you got a guy that posts memes"

That's that Twitter ****, that's annoying.

antidope antidope done worked the whole thread into a shoot

I don’t know y’all. He has been on NT for at least a decade. Posted about his life, his opinions/takes (which are sometimes controversial), serious advice, etc. I truly do not believe he is trolling, trying to be a comedian or become chaos agent/hot take artist. He just has a lot of opinions and beliefs that are contrary to the norm. Are some of them extreme? Perhaps but I truly think he feels that way.

If anything, to the point that M Mark Antony made, it is probably his delivery, if anything. We all have people in our lives (friends, family or colleagues) that you know you just can not talk to about certain topics whether it is a particular sport, music, an athlete, music, politicians, religion, work stuff, etc. so you just avoid those discussions with them. He is no different. It just happens that some of you may feel that way about him when it comes to a myriad of topics.

As many have said, it is just a basketball thread on a sneaker forum. Rather than castigate him for expressing his “unique” opinions during the dog days of the season, I think his difference of opinion should be embraced. On the other end of the spectrum, I would compel him to do the same. There are a bunch of nuggets of knowledge that can be picked up in here, even from users that you dislike or disagree with. It is why EYE don’t use the block button because it is not that easy in real life :lol:

:lol: That's the thing, to me it was embraced aside from maybe 1 person which makes that an excellent ratio. Anti been for a minute so like you said folks know what it is. But apparently people forgot how conversations work. Any question nowadays must be a challenge or dismissal. Really why I stopped bothering to engage with anything serious here.

I don’t know y’all. He has been on NT for at least a decade. Posted about his life, his opinions/takes (which are sometimes controversial), serious advice, etc. I truly do not believe he is trolling, trying to be a comedian or become chaos agent/hot take artist. He just has a lot of opinions and beliefs that are contrary to the norm. Are some of them extreme? Perhaps but I truly think he feels that way.

If anything, to the point that M Mark Antony made, it is probably his delivery, if anything. We all have people in our lives (friends, family or colleagues) that you know you just can not talk to about certain topics whether it is a particular sport, music, an athlete, music, politicians, religion, work stuff, etc. so you just avoid those discussions with them. He is no different. It just happens that some of you may feel that way about him when it comes to a myriad of topics.

As many have said, it is just a basketball thread on a sneaker forum. Rather than castigate him for expressing his “unique” opinions during the dog days of the season, I think his difference of opinion should be embraced. On the other end of the spectrum, I would compel him to do the same. There are a bunch of nuggets of knowledge that can be picked up in here, even from users that you dislike or disagree with. It is why EYE don’t use the block button because it is not that easy in real life :lol:
I really don't see why you quoted me for this

Anti can post however he wants within the rules. People will have to deal with it

People can have negative reactions to his posts within the rules. And Anti will have to deal with it

My post was mostly about the comedic impact of his post.

Like like dude, I think he is a good guy, I think he is funny, I think there is good insight with some of the things he says, I agree with a lot of it.

But the way he moves on here, the lack of self-awareness, I don't think it is worth seriously engaging with him on some serious topics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom