2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people (not on here, in general) are misinterpreting Russell's number retirement as honoring what he did as a player. He was present at ceremonies, awards, etc. for generations after his playing days were done. Respected by all. And of course his impact beyond basketball can't be spoken about enough. The league couldn't have had a better ambassador than him.

23 will never be retired for Jordan or LeBron. 24 will never be retired for Kobe.

Also semi-related, the NBA logo will never be changed either.

Please, the day MJ dies his number is definitely getting retired.

This is still a business.

Michael Jordan had 40 million people watching the Finals thru 1996-1998.

NBA will never see those numbers again. That was peak.

Can’t really say everyone though. It’s lebron and like Mitchell Robinson.

You didn’t see this yesterday? This s*** was hilarious. :lol:

Also, I forgot Drake said this. Give Drake an award for this :lol:

1660316369099.png

Okay let’s ask every NBA player why they wear 23……

And see what happens.

Come on man. :lol:

These incoming draft classes weren't even born yet when Mike was on the Wizards.

Also, #INFLUENCE isn't enough to retire a number league-wide imo. If that's the case than 3 should be retired for Iverson & the name Jalen/Jaylen/Jaelen should be retired for Jalen Rose

These incoming draft classes weren't even born yet when Mike was on the Wizards.

Also, #INFLUENCE isn't enough to retire a number league-wide imo. If that's the case than 3 should be retired for Iverson & the name Jalen/Jaylen/Jaelen should be retired for Jalen Rose

Magic and bird too.

But definitely Jalen rose. Mount Rushmore levels of influence

I agree with this tho. It shouldn’t be retired.

But it’s still going to happen.

As for the current class, we’ll see what they pick. But I was talking about NBA players right now.

If that’s the case I’m sure all of these incoming draft classes aren’t wearing any Jordan apparel then either right?

Mike is widely considered the greatest player in the history of the sport and one of the prime catalysts of the game going global

If he died tomorrow the conversation is at least being had internally by the league. It might not happen, but it's being brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom